Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restarting 4s just to get 3G ??

• 10-02-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Every 2 or three days I have to restart my phne just to get 3g. It's a right pain!
    Does anybody else have this problem?
    Is there any other solution?
    Would jailbreaking make any difference to this problem?
    Is there a working jailbreak for iPhone 4s 5.01 ? (No experience with jailbreaking).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

Both myself and my brother had a similar problem about a month or 2 ago but it didn't last. I think after i turned it off and on again to fix it for the 2nd or 3rd time it never happened again.
    I can't remember whether this coincided with the last update.
    Have you got the latest software update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Toggle airplane mode in settings instead of turning off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I've had this problem with my iPhone 4 for a while too. When in 4 bars or less situation my phone seems to want to be on Edge rather than 3G, and I have to manually go into settings and force it to connect to 3G. Quite annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

DaveM80 wrote: »
    Have you got the latest software update?

Yes, 5.0.1
    elgriff wrote: »
    Toggle airplane mode in settings instead of turning off

This has never worked for me. Always a restart required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What network are you on?
    I have never experienced this before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What network are you on?
    I have never experienced this before

Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Check in Settings that Carrier is set to Auto. It sounds like it's on manual so when you drop 3G it won't come back.

naasrd wrote: »
    Check in Settings that Carrier is set to Auto. It sounds like it's on manual so when you drop 3G it won't come back.

naasrd I thought you were onto something there but it was already set to auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

Hey.

Yeah I get the same- Im on Three tho.

Even turning on and off Aeroplane mode doesnt seem to work :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gadget.Repair

Why havent you rang apple about this your phone is less than 6 months old and is under warranty send it back if its not working right

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

I presumed its the network carrier- Three as there are pages and pages of threads with people having the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I have the same problem, I'm with Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I'm with eMobile, happened to me twice since october. Both times I rand eMobile and they did some tweaking on my account and it solved it. Don't know why it's happening, but it's definitely a network issue.

I' Don't know why it's happening, but it's definitely a network issue.

I'm not so sure its a network issue. I had an Android phone for over a year before i got the iPhone and I NEVER had any problems connecting to the internet. My wife has my old phone and she never has any problems but I do with my brand new 4s.
    And siri ??? Don't get me started !!! I'm sorry I can't deal with your request right now ,, please try again later!!

Advertisement