Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greek Police Union Promise To Issue Arrest Warrants

• 10-02-2012 7:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

For IMF people if they enter the country, Just on RTE news.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Wormcasts, the lot of them are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

In that case there are going to be a lot of starving greeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

'' You better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone , oh the times ....they are a changing ''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

There's no way they could arrest these lads, but if they try it should be the next instalment in the franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Greece needs to be booted out of the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

For what?

Giving them a sh*t load of money and expecting them to do something in return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The repo-men'll be in there and then it will be 40 billion Drachma = €1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If only. I love how people forget to mention that every bit of Greek debt is Greek debt, nothing to do with banks. Greedy bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Oooh, this Greece is a feisty one! I like 'em feisty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Will they sell of their assets?

Can I buy Georgia Salpa and Corfu?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Fair play to them, if only our lot had the balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Competition - Can you pronounce her name?:)

"Deputy Foreign Minister Mariliza Xenogiannakopoulou"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

gurramok wrote: »
    Competition - Can you pronounce her name?:)

"Deputy Foreign Minister Mariliza Xenogiannakopoulou"

I find that easy to pronounce. I can also translate it, it means "Feels up foreign men in the jacks".

NinjaK wrote: »
    Fair play to them, if only our lot had the balls

LOL.

At this stage I just hope the EU has spent the last year working behind closed doors to isolate Greece economically. Let the stupid fucks default and run themselves back into the fucking ground. See how they get along with a worthless currency and having to balance their budget overnight. I'll take pleasure in seeing it to be perfectly honest.

The Greek situation is simple, it's like a spoilt child being told "OK, you've wasted all the money we've given you so we're going to cut your allowance". The child doesn't realise that the alternative is to have nothing so decides to cry until they make themselves sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

On what grounds could such a warrant be issued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

lividduck wrote: »
    In that case there are going to be a lot of starving greeks!

They are starving already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I expect the same stellar work in this endeavour as they've displayed in the past dealing with tax evasion.

NinjaK wrote: »
    Fair play to them, if only our lot had the balls - to not throw petrol on the fire that was the housing market, not inflate the public sector, and bail out failed banks

FYP.

Too late now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It would be more authentic if you said it in German.

Griechenland muss aus der EU heraus aufgeladen werden.

• Advertisement

Not Irish no?

The Germans are reluctantly leading the EU imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I remember the military coup in Greece and the junta that ruled from 1967 to 1974. I wonder are the generals waiting in the wings now for their chance again. And the Turks don't need much excuse for another adventure in Cyprus. It's a volatile part of the world and the breakdown of civil order could have unforeseen consequences.

Germany attempted to take over Europe by military might but it failed miserably in both world wars. They have learned lessons not to repeat it again, instead they will take over through commerce and financial bullying.

Germany attempted to take over Europe by military might but it failed miserably, they have learned lessons not to try it again, instead they will do the same but through commerce and financial bullying.

Waaaaaaah! Big bad Germany!

Germany attempted to take over Europe by military might but it failed miserably, they have learned lessons not to try it again, instead they will do the same but through commerce and financial bullying.

The Germans just don't want there hard worked for strong economy to go tits up.

Sindri wrote: »
    The Germans just don't want there hard worked for strong economy to go tits up.

They were the very ones throwing cheap cash about Europe when things were booming, Its pay back time. :p

Maybe they did this intentionally so countries would become enslaved to them.

Proverbs 22. "The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

They were the very ones throwing cheap cash about Europe when things were booming, Its pay back time. :p

Proverbs 22. "The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender"
    Lividduck 37 . Blessed be the conspiracy theorists and smallminded angry people for they shall have something to believe in, no matter how nonsensical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Germany attempted to take over Europe by military might but it failed miserably in both world wars. They have learned lessons not to repeat it again, instead they will take over through commerce and financial bullying.

At least the buses will run on time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

amacachi wrote: »
    At this stage I just hope the EU has spent the last year working behind closed doors to isolate Greece economically. Let the stupid fucks default and run themselves back into the fucking ground. See how they get along with a worthless currency and having to balance their budget overnight. I'll take pleasure in seeing it to be perfectly honest.

The Greek situation is simple, it's like a spoilt child being told "OK, you've wasted all the money we've given you so we're going to cut your allowance". The child doesn't realise that the alternative is to have nothing so decides to cry until they make themselves sick.

That's a bit harsh and unfair on the majority of the 11+ million Greeks that accept that austerity is needed. The greedy unions, public sector and political classes in Greece have basically screwed the country over the last 25 years and have caused irreparable damage to it's future prospects. To say that you'd take pleasure in seeing them suffer the effects of economic exclusion is gross. If that was the popular sentiment shown towards Irish people in general; because of how our own political elites behaved, we'd be even more fcuked than we are.

There is a difference between German banks and the German Government. They are not China.

Financial dependence (A subtle form of imperialism)? I'd believe it of the Chinese. Doesn't make sense to risk undermining your own economy even if certain government policies have done so here, and the Germans certainly didn't do so to themselves. They really do not like the mess they are in, they would love it if they could just close their eyes and Greece would disappear.

And now they're trying to reign in the cheap credit and they're still bad?
    That's a bit harsh and unfair on the majority of the 11+ million Greeks that accept that austerity is needed. The greedy unions, public sector and political classes in Greece have basically screwed the country over the last 25 years and have caused irreparable damage to it's future prospects. To say that you'd take pleasure in seeing them suffer the effects of economic exclusion is gross. If that was the popular sentiment shown towards Irish people in general; because of how our own political elites behaved, we'd be even more fcuked than we are.
    Well ya see this is the point. While our unions and certain braindead politicians try to claim the opposite we showed in the last election that the majority of us are in favour of the path being taken even if we don't like it nor a lot of the specifics. The Greeks haven't managed to do such a thing despite having far, far less to moan about than we could've had.
    I'll have sympathy for any of them who get to the point when they're struggling for food, heat, shelter or electricity or any innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire of the idiotic rioters. It doesn't change the fact that they (like us to be fair) spent the last 20 years voting for crooks, the difference is that we're now making an effort to make up for our ****-up.

Advertisement