Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap running shoes

• 10-02-2012 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Don't have the money to buy New Balance/Asics, had a sick pair few years ago, but don't know what happened to them. Anyway getting back into running, ran 12k last night, was tough enough at times but got through it. Wore adidas runners might as well been running in clogs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The price and brand of the shoe is kind of irrelevant.

From this thread:
    Shoes

Don't buy some runners because a friend wears them and says they're good. There is no right pair of runners for everyone. The right pair for you depends on
    - the shape of your foot
    - your gait
    - the amount of miles you intend to run in them
    - your weight
    - the conditions you'll run in

Go to a shop where you can get expert advice, not some random tracksuits-and-runners shop. Gait analysis is a useful tool, but the main thing is that the staff in the shop know what they're talking about.

I would go to somewhere like Amphibian King in Bray, and let them know that you are on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

You would think anyone running in vibrim barefoot runners would be better off spending money on a cheap pair of penny's runners or the like

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steveh1

What is your budget, i just ordered a pair of asics 2160 on amazon for £49 with a 20% off code and free delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I've bought New Balance on MandMdirect for under 50 quid delivered. Works for me...terms and conditions apply, the value of your investment can go up as well as down...yada yada yada...

Advertisement