Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless LAN around HP MSM720 Access Controllers

Options
  • 10-02-2012 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Working on a project...

Wireless coverage across a big building,2 floors.
    Each room needs a dedicated WAP.
    Each coridor needs 3 WAPs on each level.

All servers and networking in there is running on HP 'voltage'.

I estimate that i need:

1 x HP MSM720 Access Controller
    6 x HP E-MSM430 Dual Radio 802.11n Access Point (halls)
    25 x HP ProCurve MSM410 WW Access Point (rooms)
    2 x HP 1900 switches 24 ports for VLAN and traffic management client/server/wan

My questions:

-anyone used the HP Access controller before,any feedback,suggestions !??
    -if i decide to go for HP,is there any point in asking HP Ireland for a discount or assistance,as if this project is succesfull it can generate a huge amount of sales due to large,public advertising and exposure !?
    -anyone here working for HP !?? :)

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭LumpyGravy

Hi, hope you don't mind if i ask a question right back.

Do HP even sell their own stuff? I thought they only used resellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Tks,i've read somewhere that they were involved in a simillar project and they went "over the moon" to make sure the HP name was clearly highlighted ! They ,directly,or local reseller,not sure tbh...
    Is not necessarily to approach HP directly,i can go though their resellers,in IRL or UK,but thought i will give it a go...

Advertisement