Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could i extend this wire?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

what cable are u using to add 40 yards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

what cable are u using to add 40 yards?

I dont know yet, i'll see what type is in the skart cable and try and get similar wire

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

do u have to use scart? you can get hdmi converters used over cat5/6 up to 30mts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

do u have to use scart? you can get hdmi converters used over cat5/6 up to 30mts...

Yes its for a wireless cctv camera which has a transmitter / reciever.
    There is obstacles in the way for the 2 to see each other but i can move the reciever to a different point only its still a good 40 yards from the viewing TV.
    The reciever came with a skart wire about 1 meter which is way too short

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

You can connect the scart cable to a UHF modulator & send the signal over coaxial cable as used for tv aerials & distribution.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can also just buy a 20 or 30 meter flat HDMI lead aswell.

Means 2 connections only.:)

Of you can use Cat5e/Cat 6 cable and use the cat5e to hdmi convertors that you mention.About 15 euro per connector.Messier though.

If you are going outdoors with the cat5e/cat6 cable,then you need to use outdoor/weather proof cable.

Black cable in the pic below,is Belden outdoor Cat5e cable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Mr.Success wrote: »
    Could i cut this Skart wire and add up to 40 yards on to it.

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00geuTzLWJOvrp/Scart-to-3-Phono-Plug-Cable.jpg

Also could i use these to join it together again?

http://www.boatownerswarehouse.com.au/images/product_images/115622.jpg

Theres a cable/lead shop in Dublin City Centre that will make you up any size of SCART Lead to suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

could the op not just buy a 10 mtr scart and then a 30mtr 3/rca cable and just use a standard rca/phono straight trough connection

http://www.cardman.com/newphotos/pa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I ran a composite video signal over a co-axial on a 15 to 20 meter run here at home. And the audio over cat 5. Works perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

UHF modulator is the most sensible way, no way scart will work at that distance (or RCA or any baseband).

Just google "UHF modulator" & you'll get one that's more than good enough for CCTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

extend away
    as long as you use a video cable rg59 or anyother half decent video cable and connect it to the yellow plug and a screned auido cable for the red and white
    you can send it 50/60 meters without to much loss

Advertisement