Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midland cat club show 2012

• 10-02-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hi there :D I was just wondering if anyone knows, is the midland cat club show on the 19th open to the public? I've never been to a show before so I don't know these things :P I couldn't find any information on the internet. I did find out that you can enter non pedigree cats! (too late for this year but I'm definitely entering mine next year :D)

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know if it is open for public viewing/what times/what to expect :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yes, it's open to the public - I think there is a small entrance fee at the door.

And thank you for reminding me, as I'd forgotten about it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Doors will open at 1230-1 pm. Prob closer to 1 tho as judging tends to get delayed. You pay a small fee at the door.
    Best in show for each section will probably be moved to top pens by 4pm for best in show judging.
    If you want to talk to breeders and exhibitors I recommend going earlier rather than later. :-)

Are you interested in seeing particular breeds or just see them all?!
    Most exhibitors will talk forever about their pets. Some will allow handling some wont. There will be a good few breeders there too. Flash photography is not permitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm interested in them all but really want to meet a Sphynx so I can show my mom they aren't freaky! :D I hope if there are some exhibitors there they will let me rub them, I don't mind too much though :P

Im hoping to get into showing in a few years time for both cats and/or dogs so want to go and get the feel of the place, its just handy there is one local to me as they are usually in Leinster! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Where is it and what time does it start at?

• Advertisement

Its on in the Kilmurray lodge hotel in Castletroy, Limerick on the 19th of feb, and appears to be open to public at 12.30 ish!

Its on in the Kilmurray lodge hotel in Castletroy, Limerick on the 19th of feb, and appears to be open to public at 12.30 ish!

Too far for me to travel and I'm working. :( It's a pity as I would have liked to have gone.

There seems to be more shows on through the year in Dublin I think, im on my phone now so I cant check.for certain but if you go on sabcci.com it should give the dates!:)

Dublin still too far away too. On that website it lists only 4 shows for 2012, the one in limerick, the one in dublin and 2 others with no details announced yet. Ah well I might get going to a few some day.

There's one in cork later in the yr or if you are up for going north Lisburn, Bangor and one in ballyclare first weekend in march.
    There should be some sphynx there and you should be able to get a feel of one. It changes people perception of them immediately once you feel the softness and get some spyhnx love! They are adorable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

There will be Sphynx at the Midland show and I'm certain you'll be able to able to get a cuddle :D

I'm first in the q!! :D

After me Madhouse!! I'm very much looking forward to meeting the Sphynx :D been sick for the past week so its giving me something to cheer me up :P

I was just wondering are there people there selling goods? I was at the pet expo and there were stands selling vet bed and grooming products etc, just wondering would that kind of stuff be there? Might pick up a pressie for my moggies if there is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

Sorry I didn't see that last question about stuff for sale but you've seen for yourself what's available at the show to buy.

I hope you had a really good day at the show, it was great to meet you and your Mam.

Advertisement