Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonesonline.ie?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

What is with these guys? How can they justify their prices?

I sent an email a while asking genuinely why they're so expensive and provided examples. Obviously I didn't hear back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Start up your own website selling phones, just buy them from pixmania and sell them at pixmania's price + your comission. Any problems, send them back to pixmania :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just don't buy from them, no-one's forcing you to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

whiterebel wrote: »
    Just don't buy from them, no-one's forcing you to.

Christ! Did I say I bought anything from them? Or intended to? No.

I'm wondering what could possibly be their reason for the ridiculous prices and have formally asked them to justify them, but I've never got a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

Hi Badpanda,

I think what the guys are saying in a typical rude manner that you get on forums is that the seller doesn't really care about value for customers they just want to make money and if there are people out there willing to pay there prices then they will continue to sell them at high prices.

It is actually amazing how many people will be happy to purchase from .ie websites just because the goods are local and convenient, most people want things instantly and there willing to pay for it.

As you have already decided stay clear and fair play to you for making a point about it, it might help someone else getting robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

What did you expect the reply from them to say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bad Panda wrote: »

I'm wondering what could possibly be their reason for the ridiculous prices and have formally asked them to justify them, but I've never got a response.

Who says you have to sell your goods for minimum price on the net, below RRP just because someone else is.
    Do they really need to justify their prices to you. This is Ireland if your not happy with a price just ask for a better one if they have something you want. If your a genuine buyer throw them an offer, give them a call.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Christ! Did I say I bought anything from them? Or intended to? No.

They're a private company and can set whatever price they want. Why would they justify their charges to anyone? Again, if its too expensive, buy it elsewhere.

And that's not being rude, that's the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Would it have anything to do with their phones being SIM-free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Mellio wrote: »
    Hi Badpanda,

I think what the guys are saying in a typical rude manner

The only person being rude here is you!

My suggestion actually explains what they do. Buy it cheap, sell it expensive. If someone is willing to pay that much, they'll sell it at that price, It's pretty obivious. The simple answer is shop around.

I recently cracked the plastic housing on my spare toyota Celica key and rang toyota to get a replacement housing. They said no problem that'll be 180 or 360 for the 2. I bought 2 from eBay posted for 5 euro and cut for 10 euros, a total saving of 305 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 santon123

I ordered a phone charger from them last Tuesday. This item costs 4 euro on Ebay, but as I wanted it quickly I paid 11 euro to this seller hope that I will get it on Wednesday or Thursday. I haven't received it yet (Saturday). Sent them a mail, no reply. Now I repent, I should have ordered it from Ebay!! At Least I could save some money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

i think its a great site do look at it alot and great selection of phones , mabey dear because all sim free phones but that is great for people if want change around networks. If you dont like it try somewhere eles mabey .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Please do not raise dead threads. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement