Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reusing old pc case

Options
  • 10-02-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm getting around to doing a new build, I just wondered whether I should re use my old case, it's a gigabyte 3d aurora . It was an expensive case at the time I bought it (5 years ago!!) Would it still be compatible for a new build? Or has case tech moved on in the last five years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Should be fine. Only differences are that designs have become a bit more screwless and USB 3 is appearing on the front more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Cool, I'll probably stick with it then.
    But if I was to change can anyone here recommend a quite full tower case that they've used. I like the room in my old case but I would like a mother board tray so I could tidy up the cables. The Gigabyte should have been quiet with three 120mm fans but it makes quite the hum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The Fractal Design R3 is a very quiet case with lots of nice features.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I remember going to pick that case for my first ever build. I would have too, but ended up going for the NZXT Tempest (big mistake) instead.

Advertisement