Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Wire Transfer.

Options
  • 10-02-2012 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hey, I was trying to buy something online but they said they don't accept laser cards. Instead they told me to do a online wire transfer.
    My sister has a 4 year student AIB card, but we've never used it before except to put in the money for the computer i'm trying to buy. How do I do a wire transfer using the AIB card? Online, preferably.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Yeah, I did and I got one of those calculator looking things a long time ago.. I have it right here.. now what? :confused:

http://www.aib.ie/servlet/Satellite?c=SC_Content&cid=1291806113056&pagename=SecurityCentre/sc_main&section=S003

Go here:
    http://www.aib.ie/personal/online-services/internet-banking

Choose "Personal Login"

when you registered, you will have been given (enter these when asked):

Registration No.
    Pac Code
    4 digit code (usually last 4 digits from your phone number)

When your logged in go to:

Transfers & Payments

That calculator is only for certain transactions, i don't use one as i transfer directly to my PayPal account. If you are asked for a code other than those above, that will provide you with a code. I have a code card myself.

I can'ta ccess "Manage My Accounts" on AIB for some reason. I'm logging in through mobile banking, as my personal login is not working (never worked actually, the 4 last numbers I enter seem to always be incorrect).

I'm trying to buy a computer from Dell, and since it's a promotion sort of thing, I need to buy it as soon as I can before it changes. I keep looking at guides but nothing is helping, they either tell me to go to "Manage My Accounts" or tell me to enter a "function" on my card reader... and I cant find what each function's number is.

have never used mobile banking, you should phone AIB, they'll ask a few simple questions to confirm your identity and they'll change your 4-digit code.

The only other option would be an 'O2 Money card' you can get one in an O2 Store, you can top up the O2 card in there store. Have a 3V card myself but in your quick need to get that PC, O2 would be better. You can use the O2 card anywhere that accepts Visa.

• Advertisement

In the options it says
    Do you wish to make this payment using?
    An NSC and account number
    A SWIFT Address/BIC and IBAN

Sorry for all these basic questions, but which one do I choose? I've never dealt with anything like this before so i'm really lost.

You should find that information from the Dell Website, if your transferring money, they should have receiver details

as an example, when im using Paypal, they give details out in the form of "NSC and account number", so thats what i choose.

Thanks a lot for the help. If I have any more quesitons i'll ask I guess. So far so good!

Thanks a lot for the help. If I have any more quesitons i'll ask I guess. So far so good!

no problem, we were all in that position of first time online buying at one stage.

Yeah I guess so lol.

I just got off the phone with them... i'm feeling a bit skeptical at the moment. They werent able to give me the information the website asked for (like an address) and I constantly had to take screenshots to make sure she understood me.

To top that off, she asked me for a receipt with the information etc... but all I could find on the website was the date, the amount of money that was taken, but beside it it didnt have a name or anything... so I had to screenshot that too so she would see i'm not trying to trick her.

Idk, I just hope the money doesnt end up somewhere else because of them, or that they refuse to give me the computer because the printscreen I showed them doesnt have their name saying the money was sent there. I'm stressed out, it took hours to do that money wire transfer.

The computer is arriving in 20 days too... a lot longer than I expected, but as long as it arrives without any errors, i'll consider myself lucky.

Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement