Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses to do with Film/TV/Media

Options
  • 10-02-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

So basically I'm looking for some advice.

I like the whole TV/Film scene but I'm unsure of what course to do.

I like writing screenplays for short films/ plays/ and coming up with ideas for TV series etc. My best subject in school is English. In general I wouldn't be a person to be deemed good with cameras and the sort. Basically I'm better at the theory side of things.

I buy Film Ireland and I love watching short films/ Irish documentaries (I love documentaries especially). I’m not a film buff, in general I hate having to sit through a film unless it’s spectacularly good! One thing I always look out for in a film are the camera shots they use etc. I like to take apart the film rather than watch it if you know what I mean...

I have to admit I prefer TV. I love Irish programmes Love/Hate and Raw. I’d love to work in them when I’m older. I dunno why I just seem to prefer series rather than movies. I also have a real interest in Ireland:AM, Four Live, Midday etc. I'd like to be the person coming up with the ideas for the slots in the show. That would be interesting.

I'm wondering am I doing the right course? I put down Tralee IT: TV, Radio and New Media. I don’t want to end up dropping out and having zilch money to do another course for the next five years.

There is a practical side to the course, and in this way I want to see if there’s anything that interests me in that side of things but it doesn’t seem to focus generally on writing, only small modules and the sort.

I’ve looked at Film and Television in IADT but I don’t really think that course is for me. I’m going with my gut instinct on that.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Advertisement