Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the name of the restaurant...?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

The new one in Waterford city, I think the chef was from Fitzpatricks? Looking to book a nice dinner, my husband has booked La Boheme in case we cannot track this one down!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Mc learys. Down on high street. Chicken and Ken from fitzpatricks are in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Mclearys I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

seanybiker wrote: »
    Mc learys. Down on high street. Chicken and Ken from fitzpatricks are in there.
    Great stuff, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

McClearys?

edit: damn my slow fingers

Ha op posted at 1916 and we posted at 1921. We are so into Irish history

• Advertisement

They are booked out :( Is La boheme nice does anyone know?

allgirlz wrote: »
    Supposedly it's nice. Not the greatest amount of food on the plate me mother says but its nice

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

La Boheme is a fine restaurant as is McLearys enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

allgirlz wrote: »

La Boheme is excellent food in a great setting - most folk are quiet scared to go there as they think its quite fancy or posh, when in fact its actually quite reasonable and is actually great value for money when compaired to other restaraunts in the city. I dont think you will be dissapointed.

Mc Learys is OKish and is a little above what you get in a carvery - in saying that its very popular locally probably as the Waterford diner prefers a "safe bet" .

Mighty so! Will look forward to me dinner tomorrow night, its most unlike himself to be organised and have a restaurant booked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I wanted to book Mclearys for last sat and it was booked up as well so booked Caseys Steakhouse instead. Best decision ever, I think it was one of the nicest 8oz fillet steaks I have ever had. The food, service, everything was top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Been to La Boheme twice. Fairly pricey, and fairly posh to be sure. They're friendly and welcoming in there though - no snootiness either of the times I was there.

Food was out of this world both times - among the best places I've ever eaten in, and I've been to over 15 countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

Le Boheme is realy nice never had a bad meal there, le atmosphere is also great not as pricey and worth the visit for the temptation plate alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Burgerking is better then any of them.

Triple%20Whopper.jpg

NUM NUM NUM

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gastronomer

Try the Copper Hen in Fenor Great Food Very Reasonable. Anyone have lunch in the Showboat recently

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

Burgerking is better then any of them.

Triple%20Whopper.jpg

NUM NUM NUM

Nothing wrong with burgerking for a quick lunch cant realy put them in the same league.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Try the Copper Hen in Fenor Great Food Very Reasonable. Anyone have lunch in the Showboat recently

yea, its grand but they stop serving at 3pm, same as its sister pub mansion house, grub is lovely but only lunch time opening, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gastronomer

Ye was there recently food really good been back few times since. Very reasonable.Think there's a new chef there.

Advertisement