Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job in Eastpoint

Options
  • 10-02-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I was offered a job in the Eastpoint Business Park. The only thing is that I live in Blanchardstown. I was wondering how to quickly get there without delay.

I considered below options, but each has its drawbacks:
    1. N3-M50-Port Tunnel. It is the best one, 20 minutes and I am there not matter what. Also the most expensive, petrol+10 euro for toll each way.

2. Walk/cycle/drive to Castleknock, take DART to Connolly, walk/cycle to Eastpoint. Timewise about 60-80 minutes each way.

3. Dublin Bus: 60-80 minutes including a bit of walk.

Are there any other options to get there quickly, avoiding the worst of the traffic? Somebody living on this side of town and working in Eastpoint?

Really badly located :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Quickest way is, take train to connolly station, then dart to appoint. Then there is a feeder bus or a ten min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

What time do you start at ?

Drive down the Navan road through Phibsboro ,and take Clonliffe road to East point

Leaving Blanch circa 7.00am-7.20 would get you to EP in about 30 mins
    Leaving after 7.30 though you start to run into traffic and around 8am that journey is an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Parking can be very limited in Eastpoint, designated spots are enforced from what I've seen and they do clamp occasionally so speak to your new employer about it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The shuttle bus also stops at the docklands Luas station so maybe park and ride? A lot of people get the Luas to docklands and then walk down and come in through the port.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kapi13

Coming from Blanchardstown, I am not near LUAS, so where would I park?

I have a small child to be collected from creche, so I do not want to waste more than hour each way. I do not want to sound ridiculous as well, but my current job is 5 min driving.

How to get to Eastpoint within 30-40 minutes from Blanch - is it possible at all?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Get to the M50, get off at Ballymun, straight to Collins Ave, left to the end of Collins Ave. Then take a right in Killester through Clontarf and bam, East Point.

That's probably the most direct. There are some variations that you could take when you get to DonnyCarney which could shave off some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

kapi13 wrote: »
    How to get to Eastpoint within 30-40 minutes from Blanch - is it possible at all?

Depends on the hours and what part of Blanch you are in, to be honest. I used to drive from Clonsilla for a 9-5(ish) job in Eastpoint and the average was about 30 minutes. That said, I was on a motorbike so you would be looking at about 45 minutes plus for a car for the same journey.

My route was... http://g.co/maps/m8e8u

When the bike wasn't an option I took the train to Docklands and then got the feeder bus which left from here, a two minute walk from the Docklands train station. The train was roughly an hour commute, including a ten minute walk from my house to the train station, so if you are close to Castleknock station you can probably take 5-10 minutes off that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Coming from Blanchardstown, I am not near LUAS, so where would I park?

I threw that in in case you were in driving distance of eg red cow where you could leave the car and jump on the luas.:pac:

Can it be done - I would say yes but it depends on what time you're travelling - what time do you have to be there at? I often do EP to City West in 30 mins if I take the tunnel maybe 45 mins if I don't take it. On the other hand - if I leave my house in Drumcondra and get caught up in school-run gridlock it could take 40 mins to get in - luckily I start at 8:00;)

Thanks a million! It all depends on two things:

How much they will offer (will it be worth to use tunnel every day in high traffic (20 euro daily, 100 euro weekly)

What time they want me to start and finish (say 7:30am to 4:30pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

How much they will offer (will it be worth to use tunnel every day in high traffic (20 euro daily, 100 euro weekly)

100 euro a week on tolls is mental money. That's nearly 5k a year.

• Advertisement

I know! That is like 10k extra in salary before tax.

I think I will stick with negotiating the start/finish times. The only thing this is an US Multinational, so they start at 5 pm our time. Maybe I could work from home in the evenings, etc.

It is all awkward, all because we do not have proper transport system here in Dublin. I should be there within 15-20 minutes door-to-door in any other city in Europe (assuming using metro).

Advertisement