Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientific Atlanta Cisco EPC2203 Modem issue

Options
  • 10-02-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

Hi all,I hope some one can help with a issue I have, My sons XBox was connected to a Scientific Atlanta Cisco EPC2203 Modem through the Ethernet cable with UPC and all was fine until the modem died, so my brother had one (same modem) from when he was in my fathers house with was not being used. I connected it up and for some reason it wont connect to the XBox through the Ethernet cable. It goes as far as testing the network pass, internet fail. But when I connect it to a wireless Netgear modem I can pick up the wireless signal on the laptop :confused:. Ive reset the modem by pressing the button on the back but still nothing. Is there any ideas what it might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Hi on the verge,

The reason its not working is that the mac address on the bottom of your original modem is assigned to your upc broadband account

look under the modem and you will see

CM MAC:

Your picking up the netgear wireless router because it will broadcast regardless weather you have internet access or not.

You will either need to contact UPC and arrange a service call for later in the week or.. if you call them and give them the cm mac your fathers spare modem and see if they can get this added to your account instead of your faulty modem.

cheers
    Daz

Advertisement