Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My infraction does not bother me but.........

Options
  • 10-02-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

My infraction does not bother me even though I request that it be rescinded what bothers me more is that the Moderator seems to have an agenda on this very controversial subject.

Below was posted after I received the infraction.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=517682

Having read thro it though, I think it fair to surmise that digzy, while using inflammatory comments, was merely pointing out that the RIC had families etc and didnt deserve to die which at this stage is a moot point.

Please take a very critical look at the whole thread.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Currently investigating this DRP. Will reply within the next few hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Xenophile wrote: »
    Having read thro it though, I think it fair to surmise that digzy, while using inflammatory comments...
    Please be advised that per the DRP guidelines, you may only represent yourself in this appeal of your red card, and not others who may have been infracted or banned on the Tipperary "Soloheadbeg" thread.

The post for which you were red carded had quoted an in-thread moderator warning regarding another poster's behaviour, and your comments were as follows:
    Looking through this thread, it is my contention that Digzy should not have been singled out for special treatment. I suggest the thread be closed and let the contributors if they wish make their comments in the History and Heritage forum.

The Tipperary Charter (linked to the DRP forum) addressed the appeal of moderator actions, wherein it clearly stated: “If you disagree with the action of a moderator, do not get into an argument in the forum about it. That will more than likely result in warnings, infractions or bans.”

Furthermore, this guideline not to discuss mod actions in-thread is well known, and applies to most discussion forums throughout the boards.ie site.

Consistent with the Tipperary charter guidelines, moderator Insect Overlord red carded you for "Back Seat Modding," which was exemplified by your quoted post above.

You violated the charter, the mod infracted you accordingly, so I fail to see any grounds for appeal of your red card in this DRP.

I am asking Regional Cmod Mr Magnolia to please review this issue too, so that we may have a 2nd opinion on your DRP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

As Black Swan pointed out, disputing a moderator's direction on thread isn't permitted anywhere on boards as it just serves to pull a thread off-topic. This is why you were infracted and I see no reason to overturn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

As I said from the very start the infraction does not bother me.................I request that the content of this thread be investigated by an Administrator...........forget about the infraction it is already almost expired.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

My infraction does not bother me even though I request that it be rescinded...
    DRP is only for the appeal of warnings, infractions, and bans. The reason why your appeal had been handled in DRP was because of the above underlined statement made by you in your original post.

Furthermore, this review of your infraction included a review of the thread in which it occurred. This is standard practice for us.

Per your request, the Administration is asked to please review this DRP.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If the infraction isn't an issue, then there's nothing to discuss. If the infraction is an issue, then I agree with the category moderators that it was warranted.

If there's a broader issue with the moderation of the forum, take it to Feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement