Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for a 95 litre corner tank?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭

I've had one for a few years but a problem with a heater has decimated most of my stock, any suggestions for a new one?

Temp is about 27 once i sort out heater issues, ph is below 7 and the tank has bogwood in it. Reasonably well planted with fake, real plants and java moss. Substrate is a kind of bulky gravel instead of sand so fish who like to dig wouldnt really be able to move it.

Currently all i have left is: 1 cardinal, 1 harlequin and 1 black neon...i intend to bring the cardinals and harlequins back up to 6 of each, less sure on the black neon - im warier as he's already at least 6 years old (came with the tank, it's 2nd hand) and im thinking something different if he dies.

Any ideas on what i could put in? I had an Angel (about 10-12 cm) there for 6 years but the heater problems killed him when i was in college :( I've been told not to put one in a tank of that size since then though so should i forget about replacing him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

spiralism wrote: »
    I've had one for a few years but a problem with a heater has decimated most of my stock, any suggestions for a new one?

Temp is about 27 once i sort out heater issues, ph is below 7 and the tank has bogwood in it. Reasonably well planted with fake, real plants and java moss. Substrate is a kind of bulky gravel instead of sand so fish who like to dig wouldnt really be able to move it.

Currently all i have left is: 1 cardinal, 1 harlequin and 1 black neon...i intend to bring the cardinals and harlequins back up to 6 of each, less sure on the black neon - im warier as he's already at least 6 years old (came with the tank, it's 2nd hand) and im thinking something different if he dies.

Any ideas on what i could put in? I had an Angel (about 10-12 cm) there for 6 years but the heater problems killed him when i was in college :( I've been told not to put one in a tank of that size since then though so should i forget about replacing him?
    How about a small plec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

if you want colour variety then a shoal of cardinals with a couple of orangey red swordtails and a couple of black/white mollies gives a nice mix. Maybe throw in a couple of albino cories too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd start with 6 corys and a dozen tetras. That still leaves you with about 30% of stocking free for something else. You could up either of the shoals for a stunning effect or get a couple of centrepiece fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

kylith wrote: »
    I'd start with 6 corys and a dozen tetras. That still leaves you with about 30% of stocking free for something else. You could up either of the shoals for a stunning effect or get a couple of centrepiece fish.

Never was gone on corys, i've added 3 guppies and 5 harlequins since, adding 5 cardinals once i get some....could hardly go with Kribensis as the centrepiece? I've considered rams but i've never had great luck with them

Advertisement