Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Mini

Options
  • 10-02-2012 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all! Just a quick question! Is the Samsung Galaxy Mini any good? Is it a good phone, does it last long. Please help thanks, I need an answer ASAP!!!! Thanks in advance :):D :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Just came across your post... Got mine in November, as much as I love the phone I have to charge it twice a day. In work phones are strictly not allowed so thats 8 hours a day im not on it...

Great phone Crap Battery!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Just came across your post... Got mine in November, as much as I love the phone I have to charge it twice a day. In work phones are strictly not allowed so thats 8 hours a day im not on it...

Great phone Crap Battery!!!!

Depends on your usage. We got this phone for my gf's little brother for his birthday as his tocoo was way outdated. The battery lasts him three days. Now hes not a heavy user or uses the internet but plays a odd game once in a while.

Id say its one of the best 100 euro phones you can get.

Though dont expect a ferrari when your paying for a mini!!!

Galaxy Y is a good alternative with more up to date software and a speedier engine, but your sacrificing a bit of screen real estate and tones down to a 2mp back shooter.

Same price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Had this phone and thought it was decent enough without being special, good for a first smart phone, and since I lost mine and had to go back to a non smart phone I have been lost! Battery was quite poor and thought the touch screen was a bit slow to respond?

Had this phone and thought it was decent enough without being special, good for a first smart phone, and since I lost mine and had to go back to a non smart phone I have been lost! Battery was quite poor and thought the touch screen was a bit slow to respond?

Any one getting it id recommend using a different launcher. I replaced samsungs one with ADW Launcher EX, rooted the phone on XDA to expand the internal memory and its a right little rocket of a phone. Especially for Android its quite a decent budget phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pat127

Any one getting it id recommend using a different launcher. I replaced samsungs one with ADW Launcher EX, rooted the phone on XDA to expand the internal memory and its a right little rocket of a phone. Especially for Android its quite a decent budget phone.

Do you mind if I ask you what the above entails? I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to phone technology.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Im on one now. Fine as a first cheap smartphone. I find it difficult to accurately type or text on it.

pat127 wrote: »

Do you mind if I ask you what the above entails? I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to phone technology.

Many thanks

A launcher is what your home screen and the application menu looks like. Likes of ADW Launcher and Launcher Pro in the marketplace would replace samsungs own one and speed up your phone.

I won't bother to explain the rest. Just say if you plan installing lots of apps on the mini don't count on it. Cause you won't be able to install many of them cause of small storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pat127

A launcher is what your home screen and the application menu looks like. Likes of ADW Launcher and Launcher Pro in the marketplace would replace samsungs own one and speed up your phone.

I won't bother to explain the rest. Just say if you plan installing lots of apps on the mini don't count on it. Cause you won't be able to install many of them cause of small storage space.

Understood thanks.

Thanks again.

Advertisement