Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing Section of Meath County Council

Options
  • 10-02-2012 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

Can anyone tell me if they've dealt with the Housing Section of Meath County Council and what their experience of this has been. The reason I ask is that I've had some dealings with them and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way they operate.

I get the impression that because I don't come from Meath (although I've lived here for 7 years) they seem to have zero interest in assisting and seem to be doing everything in their power to get me to go away and stop annoying them - which I won't, of course!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoJoK

I haven't personally dealt with the housing section but do have a hard working friend who works for the council. Would guess it's nothing personal (unless you're being obnoxious, in which case you couldn't really blame them!).

It's probably to do with them having under half the staff they should have (Meath has the lowest staff to head of population ratio of any Local Authority in Ireland, even during the "boom"), two thirds of their salaries, and more than three times the number of applications for housing or assistance than they used to... Just a guess but under those circumstances would imagine it's very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I have dealth with Meath Coco Housing section quite a few times and I have never had any issues with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

gaa131 wrote: »
    I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

Can anyone tell me if they've dealt with the Housing Section of Meath County Council and what their experience of this has been. The reason I ask is that I've had some dealings with them and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way they operate.

I get the impression that because I don't come from Meath (although I've lived here for 7 years) they seem to have zero interest in assisting and seem to be doing everything in their power to get me to go away and stop annoying them - which I won't, of course!

another reason not to pay the household charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭purehoor

it depends who you get. i was in and out to them a few times and dealt with different people every time. they all had different views on what i was looking for help with. 3 out of the 4 people gave me wrong information. very frustrating to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

im having trouble with them now it just seems there left hand doesnt know what there right is doing. im a foriegner and they seem to be very difficult to deal with always seems to be a stupid little problems like i havent dotted my i's or crossed my t's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement