Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats considered a good salary?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭mallachyrivers

mickrock wrote: »
    Taller men tend to earn more.

Try to be taller.

But how tall is tall enough to earn more?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

But how tall is tall enough to earn more?

Well, I'm 6'3, so I'd have to be:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5c/Robert_Wadlow.jpg/220px-Robert_Wadlow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38 freckles1234

bluewolf wrote: »
    more than i get
    I get €400 a weak with no mortage. how bad is that

None of you know what your talking bout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I get €400 a weak with no mortage. how bad is that

Pretty week alright.

dream on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think it's impossible to say what a good salary is without context. I'm happy with my wages right now - 3 days off a week, at college too part time, and I've enough to afford my rent and bills, go out a few times a week, do a big shop every week, and buy myself nice things, be they games, or upgrades to my pc/xbox/tv or whatever - but I've no dependents, just my own self. However, that won't be good forever. And I would hate for it to be forever, when my responsibilities and priorities change. But for now, yeah, it's a good salary and I'm happy with it.

Anyway, to me, anything around the 35K+ bracket is decent. I aspire towards having a job I like, and enough money that I can afford nice things within reason- my social time and enjoying life is as important to me as anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

For a ~66 hour week working for the money grabbing public service "booooo hisss, string 'em up. " digging trenches, fortifying positions, getting rained on, getting shouted at and such I got €327 after deductions.

Umm, Department of Finance?

Advertisement