Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes charging me for no reason?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Tonight, I changed my apple ID to a different email, and registered my O2 money card in the payment methods.

Checked my O2 money card balance, iTunes had taken €1.98 and also €1.68. I then bought a song and they charged me €0.69 as normal.

What's the story with the first two charges does anyone know? Will they keep charging me for nothing? My balance is now €0.05 so they cant charge anymore but if I topup the card again will I get more charges? How do I stop them charging me/get a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I think there's a charge for changing your Apple ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Apple often make a small value charge against credit cards in order to determine that they are valid credit cards. These charges usually drop after after a few days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sounds like authorization requests to make sure the card has funds and is legit

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Surely the customer is entitled to know about these proposed charges upfront and in fact authorise them?

It is after all still the customers money until such time as they make a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Be very careful in relation to this.

See this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

dub45 wrote: »
    Surely the customer is entitled to know about these proposed charges upfront and in fact authorise them?

It is after all still the customers money until such time as they make a purchase.

Apple never told me anything when I changed ID.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm guessing apple have themselves well covered, so its likely in the T&C's.

Surely customer's should read what they actually agree to? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Apple never told me anything when I changed ID.

They'll say they told you so in the 21 pages of T& C's, that of course you read, sought legal advice on and agreed to!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

BrianD wrote: »
    They'll say they told you so in the 21 pages of T& C's, that of course you read, sought legal advice on and agreed to!:D

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Cabaal wrote: »

I'm guessing apple have themselves well covered, so its likely in the T&C's.

Surely customer's should read what they actually agree to? :)

You are guessing it's in there and then saying people should read what they agree to ?????

• Advertisement
Advertisement