Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European City Guide scam again posting to Ireland

Options
  • 10-02-2012 10:27pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

EUROPEAN CITY GUIDE SCAM

Folks,

BEWARE, the European City Guide is again posting it's "update requests" to Ireland. The top of the form is looking for an update of the data for inclusion in the guide.

What's very much hidden in the small print at the bottom is that signing and returning the form to "update" the data will result in a forest of paperwork from the originators of the guide, looking for their money, and threatening all manner of unpleasantry if they are not paid the €997 PER ANNUM fee for inclusion in the guide.

The originator is in Spain, and has been rightly hounded out of several locations by legal action against him, but it's clearly a profitable scam, so he moves somewhere new, and starts again

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

DO NOT SIGN AND RETURN THE UPDATE DATA FORM FOR THE EUROPEAN CITY GUIDE

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The simplest solution is to do what most large companies do. No invoices are paid unless they are related to a purchase order number i.e. that payment was authorised.

We received junk from this company and it simply went into the shredder.

BTW, if they are still writing claiming to be based in Catalonia (Spain), you should forward the letter to the Catalan Consumer Protection Agency:

Generalitat de Catalunya
    Dirección General de Consumo y Seguridad Industria
    Avda. Diagonal, 405 bis
    E-08008 Barcelona
    SPAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AubreyMartin

Yes they got me.
    I returned the updated info in Feb 12 and today received a bill for 997 Euro accompanied by a dubious photocopy of what looks like my signature. I do think the header and footer have been changed from the form I actually signed. Anyway from all my searching through the web it appears the best thing is to ignore all communications and even when the debt collection agency start, just ignore these too!
    What a bunch of conmen and they are allowed to do it from Valentia!
    European Union is right!!!
    Will keep this updated as it progresses....
    Others should post here also and we can see how widespread the problem is!
    Thanks

Advertisement