Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels near WHL

Options
  • 10-02-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Suggestions lads,organisin first trip here,hopin for balckburn on 28th/04 whenever tv scheds are released,jus pricin round at de mo so all suggestions welcome,cheers COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

i've never stayed in and around whl,its not the nicest place in london to be honest.tend to stay around central london.better for pubs and sightseeing etc...found a nice hotel near the tower of london that i use regularly when i go over.....www.apexhotels.co.uk,rooms around £100 which is fairly cheap for a 4 star hotel in london...hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

All depends on what you are after, is it a trip to London aswell or only the game? Staying out at Stansted is a good option after the game if you have an early flight the next day. This would allow you to have a few beers after the game around the stadium and then catch the train from Tottenham Hale to the airport (approx 35min). If you want to see London and the nightlife i would stay in Central London and just train to and from game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

There's a newly opened Travelodge in Edmonton which might allow you to stick around after the game for beers then get a cab down to the hotel. There's a few options for beer north of WHL up towards Edmonton direction that aren't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nicholson61

Rite,bit more info,our plan is to land in stansted at 09.25,get to hotel(reccomendations please) drop bags etc and head for WHL,go to superstore have a few pre match drinks,go to game. Then to head back to hotel get changed etc and then head out on de beer for the night, flight back is at 13,35 on the sunday,so need a hotel we can get to stansted from pretty handy and somewhere with decent nightlife nearby??i have never been to london before so i really havent a clue,any help appreciated!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I always found the St Giles decent and very central

http://centrallondon.stgiles.com/default.aspx?pg=hotel

• Advertisement
Advertisement