Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy 60W strip lighting for bathroom shaving Mirror

Options
  • 10-02-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I have two of these in my bathrooms and both have blown, I went into woodies & B&Q but they don't stock them anymore, I didn't think these came in under the ban on lightbulbs, just wondering if there is any place in dublin I can get these or will I have to turn to ebay or else replace the shaving lights. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

I know Phibsboro Electrical Wholesale on North Circular Road have them. But most Wholesalers should stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

bigjoe wrote: »
    I know Phibsboro Electrical Wholesale on North Circular Road have them. But most Wholesalers should stock them.

Isn't against some eu law to sell them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

you asked where to get them
    bigjoe pointed you in the right direction
    now you want to know if its against the law

you the police?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

if its a 60watt s19 lamp then ye might be in trouble.they seem to be hard got, even for places like us that supply bulbs.
    the s19 is the fat opal type as opposed to the 284mm std striplight bulb.

if its a 60watt s19 lamp then ye might be in trouble.they seem to be hard got, even for places like us that supply bulbs.
    the s19 is the fat opal type as opposed to the 284mm std striplight bulb.

Well 60w or 30w clear no model on it but made by GE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Well 60w or 30w clear no model on it but made by GE

is the glass section of the lamp much bigger then the caps at either end or only a fraction bigger, if its the later then it probably a 284mm striplight and there on the shelf in most wholesalers.they are available in 30 and 60 watt and in opal and clear. there is a 221mm version but the 284mm is the most common.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

Isn't against some eu law to sell them now?

No.

As with any of the lamps on the list it is only illegal to manufacture them in Europe or import them into Europe.

Plenty of companies imported large amounts before the restrictions

bigjoe wrote: »
    No.

As with any of the lamps on the list it is only illegal to manufacture them in Europe or import them into Europe.

Plenty of companies imported large amounts before the restrictions

ah ok so once the stock is all sold out that's it, I would have thought the 30W bulbs would be ok to continue to manufacture and sell. Anyway stupid EU law imho!

Advertisement