Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning to tramore dog walkers

Options
  • 10-02-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi,

Just thought I should let anyone who walks their dog on Tramore beach / back strand to be wary or a sandy colored German Shepard. My sister has seen it down there before and it is normally muzzeled.

Yesterday, when my sister was coming off the backstrand with her dog this German Shepard broke away from its owner and attacked her dog. He was muzzled but the muzzle is obviously the wrong size as he has managed to cause a very nasty gash to the side of her dog that has needed veterinary treatment, there is also considerable bruising where he was attempting to bite her.

What concerns us is there was no doggie meet and greet, the dog went in for the attack and the owner was completely unable to control his dog.

We just thought we should let people know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

If the dog was able to break away from it's owner and was wearing a muzzle, and still able to injure your sister's dog, i think it is quite obvious that the owner is not capable of handling such a dog, and should be reported for it. This time it was your sister's dog, the next time it could be a child. Owner's have to be held responsible for their dogs action, and I am a dog owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

We're always down there with our two dogs, thanks for the warning. I agree that the owner can't handle him, thankfully the ending wasn't worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

It has already been reported but there is not much they can do unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That link is brilliant, thank you :)

• Advertisement

After speaking to a few other dog walkers it turns out that this is is a German Shepard cross Akita! (which explains the sandy colouring)
    This dog is well known for being aggressive and for having an owner that can control it.

We will be following this up again with the Garda

Advertisement