Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looks like they're onto me...

• 10-02-2012 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

Now thats a coup!
    THE Pope will die within the next 12 months, a senior Vatican figure has reportedly claimed amid fears of an assassination plot.

The sensational prediction was allegedly made by Cardinal Paolo Romeo, the archbishop of Palermo in Sicily, on a recent visit to China.

Cardinal Romeo reportedly made the startling prediction of the Pope's death during a trip to China in November 2011.

He seemed so sure of the fact that the people he spoke with, including Italian businessmen and Chinese representatives of the Catholic Church, were convinced that he was talking about an assassination attempt.

They were so alarmed by his remarks that they reported them back to the Vatican.

The extraordinary comments were written up in a top-secret report, dated Dec 30, 2011, and delivered to the Pope by a senior cardinal, Dario Castrillon Hoyos, a Colombian, in January.

The Vatican has reportedly opened an investigation into the claims.

The report was written in German, apparently to limit the number of people within the Vatican who would understand it if it was inadvertently leaked.

It warns of a "Mordkomplott" – death plot – against Benedict.

The story was broken on Friday by an Italian daily, Il Fatto Quotidiano, with the headline "Plot against the Pope – he will die within 12 months".

The newspaper, which has a reputation for scoops, published a page from the confidential report.

"During his talks in China, Cardinal Romeo predicted the death of Benedict XVI within 12 months. His remarks were expressed with such certainty and resolution that the people he was speaking to thought, with a sense of alarm, that an attack on the Pope's life was being planned," the paper reported.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/the-pope-will-die-within-a-year-vatican-assassination-fears-revealed-3016159.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Paddy Power are giving odds.
    5/1 Shooting
    10/1 Stabbing
    20/1 Stoning
    100/1 Auto Erotic Asphyxiation

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

3/1 The Atheists
    7/2 The Gays
    4/1 The Abused
    9/2 The Muslims
    5/1 The Jews
    100/1 Fr Brian D'arcy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

/lunges wildly at the Pope

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

/lunges wildly at the Pope

Whatever yer into...

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

One of the Kennedy family must be due to die soon ...like I'm sure there's a couple of them left hey .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Old Moore's almanac predicts the Pope's death in 2012 as well. Whats going on here? Its a conspiracy I tell ya!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I think someone needs a non Mayan calendar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

St. Malachy predicted Benedict would be the penultimate pope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Poor Popey,

He'll go out with an altar boy in his arms...

We'll know it's a conspiracy when they beatify him before his death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Blood on Kevin Cosner's hands...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

efb wrote: »
    3/1 The Atheists
    7/2 The Gays
    4/1 The Abused
    9/2 The Muslims
    5/1 The Jews
    100/1 Fr Brian D'arcy

Can I have a grand on the Muslims at 9/2 please? Bet void if he dies of natural causes.

The gays, the abused and the atheists are not known for their military organisation and militant beliefs. I can't see any of them pulling off an assasination attempt beyond character assasination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Article for those on crappy mobiles:
    THE Pope will die within the next 12 months, a senior Vatican figure has reportedly claimed amid fears of an assassination plot.

The sensational prediction was allegedly made by Cardinal Paolo Romeo, the archbishop of Palermo in Sicily, on a recent visit to China.

Cardinal Romeo reportedly made the startling prediction of the Pope's death during a trip to China in November 2011.

He seemed so sure of the fact that the people he spoke with, including Italian businessmen and Chinese representatives of the Catholic Church, were convinced that he was talking about an assassination attempt.

They were so alarmed by his remarks that they reported them back to the Vatican.

The extraordinary comments were written up in a top-secret report, dated Dec 30, 2011, and delivered to the Pope by a senior cardinal, Dario Castrillon Hoyos, a Colombian, in January.

The Vatican has reportedly opened an investigation into the claims.

The report was written in German, apparently to limit the number of people within the Vatican who would understand it if it was inadvertently leaked.

It warns of a "Mordkomplott" – death plot – against Benedict.

The story was broken on Friday by an Italian daily, Il Fatto Quotidiano, with the headline "Plot against the Pope – he will die within 12 months".

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Is it because he is the anti peoples front of Judea?

He looks evil, always taught so. I bet he's a satinist.
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/assorted/popedevil.jpg

I wonder if there actually is a conspiracy.

Will this thread be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Pope Benedict should watch Godfather 3 and not drink the poisoned tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Paddy Power are giving odds.
    5/1 Shooting
    10/1 Stabbing
    20/1 Stoning
    100/1 Auto Erotic Asphyxiation

Bahaha, that's brilliant.

Put me down for €5 on Asphyxiation !

Who is Peter the Roman?

The church is persecuted at the moment you could say but who is this Peter the Roman?

Looks like a job for Robert Langdon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Ahhh so some loon makes a prophesy, a prophet in the Vatican I suppose they are into them.

I will bet anyone he is wrong and that makes me a prophet as well,

Advertisement