Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need old pc parts donated for charity

Options
  • 10-02-2012 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

hi guys

my boss asked me to dump a load of old dell optiplex 170L (7x) plus an old hp compaq m230dt, but i managed to fix all of them and plan to donate them all (with my boss's approval) to a school that teaches kids & adults with all sorts of disabilities ranging from autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, blindness, deafness, and many other forms of mental and physical disabilities.

ive fixed all 8 pcs and have xp running on them but each of them only have 512mb ddr pc2700 ram on them.

each pc is capable of taking 2gb ram (2x 1gb pc2700 or pc3200)

also i need keyboards and mice (ps/2 or usb) and monitors (crt or lcd) and 40gb or better IDE hard disks if ye have any.

i live in dublin and can collect.

as many of ye are upgrading your pcs i would like to ask ye to donate your old pc parts that ye dont need that would work in these pcs. Would ye be so kind as to donate them to me so i can have these pcs ready to donate to the school in 2 weeks time?

the school concerned is http://www.deltacentre.org/ based in carlow town. the computers will be used to run teaching software to help these kids learn how to do many things you and i take for granted such as basic math, speech, reading and spelling, typing and many other skills.

best regards

Nothingbetter2d

PS mods if you wouldnt mind can you please sticky this thread for 2 weeks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You can have the stuff listed in these ads if you can collect from Louth. I've also got a CRT monitor you can take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

You can have the stuff listed in these ads if you can collect from Louth. I've also got a CRT monitor you can take.

you will donate those? cos i could fix up that pc and donate it too :) i have an extra 1gb of ddr 2 ram i can put in it to beef it up a lil

cool ill contact you during the week

bump :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have 3/4 512MB DDR PC3200 if you want them. Can post at my expense.

• Advertisement

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I have 1 tower large athlon 2.oghz single core pc, 15inch lcd screen perfect working ok,4 ram sticks,misc ddr1 2100, 2700 ,various cables ide ,sata data/power ide cables mixed 14 cables approx .
    You can collect em in 7 days dublin 2.i havent used the pc in 5 years ,i presume its working.i just find it handier to use a laptop for web acess.
    athlon is 4ft high 10inch wide approx , one ide drive 512meg ram installed .
    4 video cards,pci,agp, i cant gaurantee they are ALL working.
    PM me if they are of any use to you. .i bought the pc from adverts ie only used it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I, can deliver those parts to phibsboro, or meet up in city centre ,if you wanna pm me.Would have to be after 4pm, weekdays.Also have 5 ddr 1 ram chips for pcs various speeds.pc has a hd in it ,i think its 40gb.you can collect em or just meet up ,whatevers handy for you.i have one stick of ddr 1
    2700 512 meg 333, which i got 3 weeks ago,when i was fixing a pc.ie put in 1 gig, took out 512 meg.I could meet up at phibsboro shopping centre if thats convenient for you.

niceone pm sent riclad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I've got 2 IDE DVD RW's here, you're more than welcome to them if you want them.

• Advertisement

glynf wrote: »
    I've got 2 IDE DVD RW's here, you're more than welcome to them if you want them.

cool thanks. pm sent

Advertisement