Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5230 help needed

Options
  • 11-02-2012 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello, could do with some help😒
    I have a Nokia 5230 and the screen is broken😒I really need to get messages from phone to another phone. I've tried to connect Phone to laptop but nothing happens, I have the texts saved in my folders on Nokia, so I reckon they are on phone memory, I have slso tdken out memory card and put it in another phone and still nothing, any help would be much appreciated😒, don't know what else to try!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Does the screen show any sign of powering up? Put the SD card back into the phone. Plug your charger in and try to power it up. If you remove your SIM PIN using another phone, or just remove the SIM the phone can attempt booting without interruption. This is a temporary measure, because the digitiser may be broken and the phone may not be able to process any kind of touch input (i.e. input a PIN).

If it doesn't boot, or you can't see any sign of the Symbian homescreen then it has more issues than just a broken screen. If you can see some sign of a homescreen then you should be able to sync your data to your computer using Nokia Suite.

Back when I had a 5230 I managed to break its screen. I was able to get a screen for €20 and fix it myself but that isn't an option for everyone obviously. It probably wouldn't be worth the cost to repair it at a shop, you could buy a second hand 5230 cheaper (probably).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleP

Does the screen show any sign of powering up? Put the SD card back into the phone. Plug your charger in and try to power it up. If you remove your SIM PIN using another phone, or just remove the SIM the phone can attempt booting without interruption. This is a temporary measure, because the digitiser may be broken and the phone may not be able to process any kind of touch input (i.e. input a PIN).

If it doesn't boot, or you can't see any sign of the Symbian homescreen then it has more issues than just a broken screen. If you can see some sign of a homescreen then you should be able to sync your data to your computer using Nokia Suite.

Back when I had a 5230 I managed to break its screen. I was able to get a screen for €20 and fix it myself but that isn't an option for everyone obviously. It probably wouldn't be worth the cost to repair it at a shop, you could buy a second hand 5230 cheaper (probably).

Hey, thankyou. Yes phone is definitely on as the screen is lighting up, I can still lock it at the side, I can hear all thus happening if you understand me?

Forgive me, because I'm not very good with computers, but do I need to download Nokia pc suite on laptop then connect Phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleP

PurpleP wrote: »

Hey, thankyou. Yes phone is definitely on as the screen is lighting up, I can still lock it at the side, I can hear all thus happening if you understand me?

Forgive me, because I'm not very good with computers, but do I need to download Nokia pc suite on laptop then connect Phone??
    I should also have said that when it turns on there are some purple lines on the left hand side of screen ( like shatter lines). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Download Nokia Suite here. Yep, download and install Nokia Suite. You will then be able to sync your data from it to your laptop. If you haven't hooked it up to Ovi/Nokia suite before it might not have the necessary support packages installed on the phone. It would be difficult to install these if you can't see anything on the screen or if it can't process input.
    I should also have said that when it turns on there are some purple lines on the left hand side of screen ( like shatter lines). Thanks.

Is the display completely shattered, are there any visible parts of the screen? If so, is there any visible part of the screen that accept touches? As above, this could be another issue as well.

Advertisement