Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions on who to go to

Options
  • 11-02-2012 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

I want to get my second tat, i had asked here before as was recommended a place but after trying to organize getting it done i was waiting ages for response from this shop and so got put off over the wait.

Now im going to try hard to avoid dublin, mainly due to costs and i am lookin for suggestions of someone to see in kildare or around surrounding counties.

It was my bday yesterday so i want to get myself a present of a piece a woman, good color done so any help in who to talk to would be appreciated. Also a link to their work if possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you specify the style of tattoo you want done, people will be able to advise you better!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Well im not up on styles but i can give you brief description of what im looking for.

Basically looking to get tat of dom woman, looking for color, something maybe with the look of 60's female or burlesque caberet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Well im not up on styles but i can give you brief description of what im looking for.

Basically looking to get tat of dom woman, looking for color, something maybe with the look of 60's female or burlesque caberet.

Sounds like you want a pin up style? google images it and see if it would suit what you have in mind. Im not into that style myself so im not going to advise on any particular artist best of luck anyway!

Sounds like you want a pin up style? google images it and see if it would suit what you have in mind. Im not into that style myself so im not going to advise on any particular artist best of luck anyway!

thanks for pointing that out, pin up style would def what id be looking for.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Take a walk up to Maynooth Village--Theres a shop that I just spotted today opposite the girls school.Cant remember the name of it for anything buts its not Impulse--they closed a while back.

They seem to do decent work from what Ive seen.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Take a walk up to Maynooth Village--Theres a shop that I just spotted today opposite the girls school.Cant remember the name of it for anything buts its not Impulse--they closed a while back.

They seem to do decent work from what Ive seen.

Ill drop into to them and have a look.

Anyone have someone they would reccommend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

It boggles the mind when people aren't willing to travel a bit further and spend a bit more money on something when it's gonna be on them for the rest of their life.

It boggles the mind when people aren't willing to travel a bit further and spend a bit more money on something when it's gonna be on them for the rest of their life.

Money is tight dude, i dont have job, i would kill for anything i could get but i have to balance basic living on top on wanting something on side. Sad but thats the way things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Fair enough man and sorry to hear about the financial situation.

But surely you have the patience to save for a few weeks/months for something that you'll have for the rest of your life?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Money is tight dude, i dont have job, i would kill for anything i could get but i have to balance basic living on top on wanting something on side. Sad but thats the way things are.

Lot of peeps in the same boat--Id be tattooed head to toe if I could afford it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Lot of peeps in the same boat--Id be tattooed head to toe if I could afford it :)

Likewise man!!!!!!! I friggin' WISH! :pac: Damn unemployment! :(

Fair enough man and sorry to hear about the financial situation.

But surely you have the patience to save for a few weeks/months for something that you'll have for the rest of your life?

ive 300 euro ive saved away for this tattoo, i reckon it should be plenty for what i want to be a really good piece. ;)

Advertisement