Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another shooting

• 11-02-2012 9:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Another day another shooting!
    A man and a woman, both in their 30s, have been found shot dead in Cloonfad, Co Roscommon.
    wo people have been found shot dead in Co Roscommon. It is understood that a man and a woman, both aged in their 30s, were shot sometime after 9.30pm last night.
    Gardaí were alerted around midnight.
    Two scenes in Cloonfad have been preserved for a forensic examination.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0211/shooting.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

There are people in Roscommon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wow, how many is that this week? Four?

RIP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Sindri wrote: »

Nice respect for the dead there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

That all you can say? Really?...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

NinjaK wrote: »
    Nice respect for the dead there
    Get over yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

RIP to both involved.
    I would say this is a murder/suicide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

hondasam wrote: »
    RIP to both involved.

Good work detective

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Get over yourself.

Your right, lets make jokes about this

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Ireland is beginning to look like and feel Dodge city in the wild west.

This is no longer a rare event, at least that is how it seems, it ups the fear in all the population.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

Is that you Nimrod Severn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

RIP.

Ireland is one of the safest countries on Planet Earth.

I think that needed to be said before the arrival of the fascistic 'bring-back-the-death penalty/internment' brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

44leto wrote: »
    No it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

No it isn't.
    This is no longer a rare event, at least that is how it seems, it ups the fear in all the population.
    I am 99.9999% certain that I will not be shot at in my lifetime. You can never say never about anything, but I'm certainly not worrying about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

It always seemed quiet when I drove pass the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

RIP to both involved.

Crime of passion.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

cena wrote: »
    It always seemed quite when I drove pass the place.
    Quite what?

cena wrote: »
    It always seemed quite when I drove pass the place.

You weren't expecting people to be out firing guns in the air like drunk cowboys all the time were you? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Get over yourself.
    I got bant for saying that in a less serious context.
    It wasn't the smartest place to make a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I hadn't considered that angle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not even the top story on RTE at 8 am.

RIP to both involved.
    That appears to be the main line of enquiry as well.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-and-woman-found-shot-dead-in-co-roscommon-539422.html
    Two people have been found shot dead in Co Roscommon.

A 44-year-old man was found dead in a silver Volkswagen Passat car at Cloonfad after midnight.

Shortly after 1.30am a 30-year-old female was found dead in a silver Volkswagen Passat car at Springvale, Cloonfad, a short distance away.

Both of the victims are believed to be Irish.

Gardaí were alerted around midnight and are treating the deaths as murder-suicide.

The two scenes have been preserved for a forensic examination and the State Pathologist has been notified.

Gardaí are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsLaura

Ireland is one of the safest countries on Planet Earth.

Not if immigration policies continue in the way they have been..

MsLaura wrote: »
    *I'll take this.*

Please elaborate.

Oh god please no.

What? We might turn out like that 3rd world hell-hole the UK? Or even worse the Netherlands? With 17 million people squeezed into a land mass half the size of Ireland with one in five people of recent foreign heritage?

Oh please someone save us from the threat of immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

El Weirdo wrote: »
    No it isn't.

I am 99.9999% certain that I will not be shot at in my lifetime. You can never say never about anything, but I'm certainly not worrying about it.

It is not so much the fear of getting shot, are you as confident that you will never witness one or be in the same area as one.

Because i don't want either, but unfortunately the later is true for me.

*I'll take this.*

Please elaborate.

The immigrants keep coming in and gaining permanent residency, then when the economy collapses and the money's gone, the hostility between people will be far greater than it would be with only an indigenous populous. Wealthy Countries are the safest. Wealthy multi-cultural societies are just as safe as wealthy single-ethnicity societies. But poor multi-cultural societies are far more dangerous than poor single-ethnicity societies, the latter of which Ireland is heading to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Since, according to initial reports, both of the deceased in Cloonfad are Irish, what has immigration policy got to do with anything here?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Or maybe it will turn out that they have visited foreign countries and become infected with non-Irish habits. In which case, perhaps they shouldn't have been allowed back in again.:) Would you agree?:D

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Since, according to initial reports, both of the deceased in Cloonfad are Irish, what has immigration policy go to do with anything here?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Or maybe it will turn out that they have visited foreign countries and become infected with non-Irish habits. In which case, perhaps they shouldn't have been allowed back in again.:) Would you agree?:D

When did I say my post was referring to that particular shooting whatsoever? You literally just took that from nowhere. Your intellect must be that of an ant's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

The immigrants keep coming in and gaining permanent residency, then when the economy collapses and the money's gone, the hostility between people will be far greater than it would be with only an indigenous populous. Wealthy Countries are the safest. Wealthy multi-cultural societies are just as safe as wealthy single-ethnicity societies. But poor multi-cultural societies are far more dangerous than poor single-ethnicity societies, the latter of which Ireland is heading to.

:(

These killings appear to have absolutely nothing to do with immigration!
    More likely a "crime of passion", or severe stress.

Those immigants. Even when it was the bears, I knew it was the immigants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

When did I say my post was referring to that particular shooting whatsoever? You literally just took that from nowhere. Your intellect must be that of an ant's.

Yeah, because your blame the foreigners is a sound intellectual theory. We have the strictest immigration policy in the world. < 2% of refugees get accepted for residency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

When did I say my post was referring to that particular shooting whatsoever?

I think you'll have to forgive people for assuming you're going to post on the actual subject of a thread instead of some random xenophobic bull****.

Extreme, irrational view gets challenged, person who posted the original view gets butt-hurt at being challenged, says the challenger has extremely low intellect when it's obviously not the case.

Can we get the bad-ass pic plz?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Since, according to initial reports, both of the deceased in Cloonfad are Irish, what has immigration policy go to do with anything here?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

So you were referring to all those nasty foreigners with surnames like Gilligan, McCarthy, Dundon, etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

dolanbaker wrote: »
    RIP to both involved.
    That appears to be the main line of enquiry as well.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-and-woman-found-shot-dead-in-co-roscommon-539422.html
    Two people have been found shot dead in Co Roscommon.

A 44-year-old man was found dead in a silver Volkswagen Passat car at Cloonfad after midnight.

Shortly after 1.30am a 30-year-old female was found dead in a silver Volkswagen Passat car at Springvale, Cloonfad, a short distance away.

Both of the victims are believed to be Irish.

Gardaí were alerted around midnight and are treating the deaths as murder-suicide.

The two scenes have been preserved for a forensic examination and the State Pathologist has been notified.

Gardaí are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.

Bad day for Volkswagen

Dudess wrote: »
    Can we get the bad-ass pic plz?

Hereyago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

*Awaits government bullet/pellet levy*

No it isn't.

It is not so much the fear of getting shot, are you as confident that you will never witness one or be in the same area as one.

Because i don't want either, but unfortunately the later is true for me.
    Still though, it doesn't mean Ireland is becoming like the wild West - there are pockets of Ireland where awful sh1t is going on because of a minority of despicable lowlives, but in general, Ireland is so, so safe. It's talk that puts fear in people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

A young father of two shot and killed in Donegal yesterday also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

When Fools have polling Cards and Money ...Mayhem must follow ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Is it "of an ant's" or should it be "of an ant" ? I can never remember which way it should be .

mattjack wrote: »
    Is it "of an ant's" or should it be "of an ant" ? I can never remember which way it should be .

The latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Roscommon, so much to answer for

what's twin peaks in irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Those immigants. Even when it was the bears, I knew it was the immigants.

Does he mean the Celts?

:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Your intellect must be that of an ant's.

Probably my favourite thing out of everything I've seen on boards ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Probably my favourite thing out of everything I've seen on boards ever.

Hope she has a long and productive time on boards..looking forward to more of those gems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

paddyandy wrote: »
    When Fools have polling Cards and Money ...Mayhem must follow ....

Doo doo doop

• Advertisement
Advertisement