Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Drumcondra residents - quick question

Options
  • 11-02-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Does anyone know what time the post is usually delivered around Drumcondra?

I'm trying to sort out logistics for posting a Valentines card. :o The person I'm sending it to will be leaving for the airport to go abroad for a few days on Tuesday morning around 9.30. So I'm trying to work out if I should send it now, and it would be delivered Monday (or would it?) or should I send it on Monday, if it would be delivered before 9.30 on Tuesday?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wouldn't chance posting it Monday to hope it's delivered Tuesday.
    Can you (or a friend) slip it in the door Tuesday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mydearwatson

spurious wrote: »
    I wouldn't chance posting it Monday to hope it's delivered Tuesday.
    Can you (or a friend) slip it in the door Tuesday morning?

I'm not in that part of the country at the moment unfortunately!

I think I might just post it now, and I guess they'll get it whenever!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

Even if your card arrived at your friend's Delivery Office on the day, it can be delivered anytime between 8am and 4pm depending on where your friend's home is on the postman's route. Get someone to put it in the letterbox personally or else post it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

My post typically arrives around 0800.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

That's because the postman starts his delivery near your place. He can still be delivering mail four hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

My friend gets her post sometime between 12 and 12.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Gravale wrote: »
    That's because the postman starts his delivery near your place. He can still be delivering mail four hours later.

Yes I realise all post is not delivered instantly. I was attempting to give the OP a range of delivery times.

Advertisement