Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb looking money i left them 2 years ago

• 11-02-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

so just got an email from digiweb stating i owe them €20.27 for the period 1/11/10 to the 1/11/10 and yes the dates are correct, i signed up and tranfered to UTV on the 16/3/10 and all final payments and even the router was returned to digiweb, are they trying to pull a scam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redbaron73

Just got an email from them this morning looking for €6.84 for 'account write off' for period 25/03/2011 - 25/03/2011. I cancelled a/c with them in which they confirmed in October 2010 and hadn't heard from them until today.

Are they stuck for a few bob??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I got one of these this morning too, looking for €30.19 for "Bad debt write off", for the same dates as quoted above (01/11/2010 - 01/11/2010). :confused::confused::confused:

As far as I am concerned, this account was cancelled and closed years ago; I wonder what they're at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Prob realised how much they write off and are doing an exercise to reclaim some of that.

If a small percentage respond and pay it will have been worth it. Can't see them following up on non responses as people could have left the country in the intervening period.

One for the recycling bin in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

well i checked back through my online bank statements and i cancelled my account with them on the 16/3/10 and ordered my new broadband from UTV on same day, dodgyweb took final payment €29.95 on the 23/3/10 nothing the following month as it was cancelled and my first utv direct debit came out on the 30/4/10 so i think ill be ignoring this one also

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭noellinnane

Me too, WTF? I closed account with them in 2009 and have never heard from them since, suddenly theyre looking for 57 quid?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The low standards of bb companies in Ireland never cease to amaze.

Surely it would be very easy for any moderately competent manager to realise that approaching people for money after several years (even if justified) was going to cause consternation amongst those customers and that a full detailed explanation as to how the so called amount in question came to be "owing" should be included as a matter of course?

In the posts above they seem to be looking for payments of various amounts in relation to one day?? Extraordinary!

Judging by the way Digiweb handled the changes in terms of contract in relation to the Smart customers they took over some time ago it is obvious that they haven't got a clue and think that customers will put up with any old crap.

Is there any chance that this could be a scam? Again you would expect any moderately competent company to actually send a letter in respect of such an unusual matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

digiweb is by far the worst value for money isp ive seen so far

low speeds compared to others and very low cap limits. and very pricey for it too. even eircom offers better value.

Customer service is terrible too. I found them to be rude quite often too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

I heard last Monday that digiweb are about to go splat.
    Its fairly common in such cases for companies to start trying to get money in as a last gasp. I give them a month and they will be gone.

Make arrangements for your new supplier sooner rather than later, because if you are paying digiweb in advance, you will lose what you have paid when it happens.

Of course when you call them and ask them - "Oh no, not at all, we are a company who are going from strength to strength. We are in no danger at all."

Think of that as the boards vote of confidence before the manager gets the sack in football.

And im sure if enough people pay them, they will last another few months to send more bills out to non customers.

So reply to those letters with an administration charge of your own for €100. Do a Ryanair on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

If Magnet or UPC bought them out and used digiweb's decent wifi infrastructure (to be fair when i had digiweb the connection was always solid) to get better speeds out to those that cannot get fibre but still get the decent cap limits UPC have or the no cap limits magnet have i'd sign up for a connection. i left digiweb cos of the low cap limit and high price per month.

If say Magnet bought them out they could pipe out 25mb/s over the wifi system and have no cap limit it would be a far better alternative to crappy adsl for those that cant get fibre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Its fairly common in such cases for companies to start trying to get money in as a last gasp. I give them a month and they will be gone.

Make arrangements for your new supplier sooner rather than later, because if you are paying digiweb in advance, you will lose what you have paid when it happens.

Any evidence for this at all?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi All,

Apologies, a number of Digiweb customers were sent an invoice late last week in error stating that they had a bad debt written off. This was a system error so please ignore. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We will contact all affected customers later today.

Regards,
    Digiweb.

Digiweb wrote: »
    Hi All,

Apologies, a number of Digiweb customers were sent an invoice late last week in error stating that they had a bad debt written off. This was a system error so please ignore. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We will contact all affected customers later today.

Regards,
    Digiweb.

When will companies stop using this idiotic excuse of 'system error' ?

There is no such thing as a system error - someone somewhere along the line messed up.

And weren't these innvoices looking for money rather than telling people they had a bad debt written off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kellyers

Of course when you call them and ask them - "Oh no, not at all, we are a company who are going from strength to strength. We are in no danger at all."

Think of that as the boards vote of confidence before the manager gets the sack in football.

And im sure if enough people pay them, they will last another few months to send more bills out to non customers.

So reply to those letters with an administration charge of your own for €100. Do a Ryanair on them.
    Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

Hi All,

Regards,
    Digiweb.

I hope this system error hasnt put us all on the credit bureau system:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Digiweb can't affect your credit record, they're not a lender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Hi All,

Regards,
    Digiweb.

As another poster said I don't buy it.

Your company went looking for money and this forum exposed you.

What you state above does not tally with the bills people received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Hi All,

Regards,
    Digiweb.
    I'm sick of reading this bull, I hope Boards are making good money from having ye on here, that way at least some good is coming from us having to read the ****e that comes from most (not all) of the Reps on the site.

Ranicand wrote: »
    As another poster said I don't buy it.

Your company went looking for money and this forum exposed you.

What you state above does not tally with the bills people received.

Yes it's quite incredible really - having messed up in the first place they are not professional enough apparently to even get the 'excuse' right:rolleyes:

And mentioning bad debts is hardly designed to relax people.

Has anyone been contacted?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

If Digiweb does go t*ts up, where does it leave us customers? Will our phone and broadband lines be cut off until we find another provider?

To be honest, I changed over to them a month ago and have had problems with my line ever since.

Best Regards:)
    Jason

Advertisement