Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside security light - diy job?

Options
  • 11-02-2012 12:38pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have an outside security light that is broken, I have a new one purchased but is it something I can fit myself or would I need an electrician? Its a standard sensor light.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

if you are replacing like with like you should manage yourself
    holes should line up ,so no drilling
    make sure power is off and insert wires in exact same connections(take a picture on your phone if in doubt)
    ask someone to hold the ladder for you;)

you may then have to set the times and lux on the sensor(lux is for day/night operation)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd also consider an LED replacement. A bit dearer initally but it will save you on bulbs & electricity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'd also consider an LED replacement. A bit dearer initally but it will save you on bulbs & electricity.

What would I be looking for? any recommendations?? I live in the country and there has been a lot of 'activity' lately so would like something powerful and reliable.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Advertisement