Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 11-02-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Folks, looking for a hotel for 2 nights at the end of march, parents coming up to graduation, can anybody recommend any hotels in or around the city centre? They will be driving so car parking too. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Academy Plaza Hotel on Cathal Brugha Street is fine. There is a car park next door to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

spurious wrote: »
    Academy Plaza Hotel on Cathal Brugha Street is fine. There is a car park next door to it.

One time I stayed there during the height of the boom, they demanded payment in cash on arrival and the room was facing onto one of the night clubs on parnell street, would not recommend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

beckamika wrote: »
    I think you have a lot of options. One of the coolest might be Morrison hotel, it is located next to Temple bar and it is very very cool 4 star hotel.

Beautiful hotel, right in the city centre and right by the Luas line. The best Dublin hotel I've ever been in

Just a classy place, might be a bit pricy but if your parents are coming up mid-week then it might be ok

Haggle OP, few people pay the standard rate, there is always a deal to be done.
    Hotels don't mind cheap room rates if they know residents will be spending money in the restaurant and bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

mikemac1 wrote: »
    beckamika wrote: »
    I think you have a lot of options. One of the coolest might be Morrison hotel, it is located next to Temple bar and it is very very cool 4 star hotel.

Beautiful hotel, right in the city centre and right by the Luas line. The best Dublin hotel I've ever been in

Just a classy place, might be a bit pricy but if your parents are coming up mid-week then it might be ok

Haggle OP, few people pay the standard rate, there is always a deal to be done.
    Hotels don't mind cheap room rates if they know residents will be spending money in the restaurant and bar.

Try accomodation.ie always get good deals on there.

Advertisement