Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get to know people in Dublin

Options
  • 11-02-2012 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey Folks,
    I'm a 20 y.o german girl and I'm kind of new in Dublin and I'd love to meet some people here. I've seen that theres already threads for that, but since nobody has written in them in ages, I thought I'd open a new one. I'm working here as an Aupair. :) (Maybe theres even other Aupairs on here?)
    So anyway, I'm kind of looking for some people around my age to hang out with or just advices on where to go and meet people. I know you can meet people in the pub etc, but since I dont really wanna go out alone, thats also not the best option. Do the colleges have some events, where even nonstudents there can attend? Or whatsoever, Im really just in need of meeting some people. Preferably locals ofcourse, but even other foreigners (or other germans) would be awesome, too!
    I know maybe it seems a little pathethic/silly to look in the internet for people to hang out with, hahahaha but when youre here since a bit and still dont know a lot of people, it kind of really gets frustrating :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

There's some Germans and German-speaking/learning Irish people using Soc- Languages -German.

There's DublinGermanSpeakers on Facebook.

There's MeetUp - New and Nearly New in Dublin.

There are language exchanges in the ILAC library.

AFAIK you don't always have to be a student to attend events/clubs, but you might find out more over in edu: UCD, TCD, DCU, DIT are all in Dublin.

And irland.net had forums with au pairs looking to meet.

Imagine you were an au pair before the internet - that'd be difficult! So it's not pathetic at all to use the internet. It's only sensible.
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Join a club? Soccer, rugby, hiking, kitesurfing, canoeing, drinking (there must be some :P), whatever you're into :)

Advertisement