Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chunder mile

• 11-02-2012 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

Good morning. I'm being dumb today.

I'm doing a chunder mile.

http://www.chundermile.co.uk/chunder_rules.php

What's the best beer for me to drink so I can hold off puking for as long as possible? I need your help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Something light so I'd say Miller but it depends on your tastes.

Better off drinking milk as well before hand as it will line your stomach and stop you from vomiting. Supposedly anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

4.2: 'Dinah Studios' and 'Chunder Mile' are not responsible for any chunder mile attempt undertaken and are not liable for any injuries/accidents/incidents/fatalities which may occur to any individual.

4.3: 'Dinah Studios' and 'Chunder Mile' do not claim any responsibility/ownership for any chunder mile event organised within Great Britain and Northern Ireland or outside the United Kingdom.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and OP, you're a LEGEND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What's the best beer for me to drink so I can hold off puking for as long as possible? I need your help!!

Non-manly beer.

Maybe with a little pink umbrella in the glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

Sindri wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Oh, and OP, you're a LEGEND.

not gonna feel too legendary when I'm yakking!

stovelid wrote: »
    Non-manly beer.

Maybe with a little pink umbrella in the glass.

now I have to find somewhere that sells little pink umbrellas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Whiskey and Orange juice

token101 wrote: »
    Whiskey and Orange juice

pint? are ya mental!!

pint? are ya mental!!

You'd end up ****ting it all out so it'll be all good. And you'll look the f***ing hard man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Only a mile. Sure I'd be doing that in my sleep. Here's my plan for this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kastenlauf

Kastenlauf, also Kistenlauf, Bierkastenlauf, Bierlauf, Bierkastenrennen (literally crate-running, beer crate-running, or equivalents) or biergrätle-race or Bier-Rallye is a drinking game/sport that is popular in Austria, Germany and Switzerland. It is a race among teams that consist of two people carrying a crate of beer, all of which must be consumed prior to crossing the finish line.
    The route generally varies from 5 km to 12 km in length.

Only a mile. Sure I'd be doing that in my sleep. Here's my plan for this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kastenlauf

Kastenlauf, also Kistenlauf, Bierkastenlauf, Bierlauf, Bierkastenrennen (literally crate-running, beer crate-running, or equivalents) or biergrätle-race or Bier-Rallye is a drinking game/sport that is popular in Austria, Germany and Switzerland. It is a race among teams that consist of two people carrying a crate of beer, all of which must be consumed prior to crossing the finish line.
    The route generally varies from 5 km to 12 km in length.

did that 2 years ago in Edinburgh

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Edinburgh-Beer-Runners/118348364848926

didn't yak!

• Advertisement

Love it. I'll be keeping an eye open for that. Is it every October?

Love it. I'll be keeping an eye open for that. Is it every October?

think so, haven't done it since then. But sure what's stopping ya from grabbing a few cans and going for it! Edinburgh's one of the few cities where you can drink in public! Give me a shout if you're doing it, I'm nearby living in Glasgow, always up for a challenge! I like drinking and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Maybe I missed the memo but when did public vomiting get fun or be deserving of anything more than a shoe up the arse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

Displays of stupidity are organised under rules now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

Snakebites, half Heinekein/Carlsberg and your preferred cider, Bulmers is mine. A splash of rasberry cordial may be added for extra flavour. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

This sounds like a stupid but also great idea. Cider or lager, snakebites not a bad idea, I would definitely puke but I am a lightweight. You are talking 4 pints in under 20 minutes (and that would be practically walking around).

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Good morning. I'm being dumb today.

I'm doing a chunder mile.

http://www.chundermile.co.uk/chunder_rules.php

....the irish version of this was known as the '"Gaurds scatter"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Maybe I missed the memo but when did public vomiting get fun or be deserving of anything more than a shoe up the arse?
    Displays of stupidity are organised under rules now?

Two doctors on the one thread....

Doc Ruby wrote: »

When was the last time you were out on a Saturday night? You don't have to condone or agree with it, but there's no way you haven't noticed this stuff going on for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

token101 wrote: »
    When was the last time you were out on a Saturday night? You don't have to condone or agree with it, but there's no way you haven't noticed this stuff going on for years!
    Most people don't deliberately plan to end up in a puddle of their own puke though.

• Advertisement

Ah here. On topic please. The thread is about a drink race. Not health and saftey

down with health and safety!

I chundered! But I completed it in a respectable 8m34s.

Advertisement