Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Zytel + Port Forwarding for a slingbox

• 11-02-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I dont see any previous threads on this 'new' Eircom modem and how to set it up to allow a slingbox to broadcast outside of the LAN, so I'm going to ask for help from anyone who knows how.

Eircom lumped us with this cheap as chips looking Zytel 660HW a while back after our old one broke. Im not in a position to buy a different one right now. The slingbox works itself, but im presuming port forwarding is blocked on the new modem. It may sound like I know what that means, but I haven't the foggiest.

Logging in to the Zytel admin page within a browser is fine, but I cannot get the supposedly 'easy' slingbox setup service to play nice with it: i.e. slingbox software prompts me to log in to zytel which constantly fails (it requires a username Im not aware of, despite knowing the password - no success with using default usernames).
    So I tried manual setup within slingbox, but it doesn't behave as it says it will in the help video (instead of seeing a 2-frame browser window - one with the Zytel admin page and a second side frame with the correct slingbox settings to be copied in - I just get the Zytel admin page on its own...basically back to square one).

Ive tried changing this myself manually as admin, under NAT > Port Forwarding. But the suggestions on portward.com don't work because Zytel won't let me enter user-defined 5001 port forwarding with a server IP address of 0.0.0.0. - it gets stuck and says IP format error !

Does anyone have any experience with this? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

dave, enter the IP address of the slingbox, which usually defaults itself to 192.168.1.254... ;)

EDIT: that page is RIDICULOUSLY old, the new firmware in the slingbox will allow you to do a proper manual setup, and if i was you, i'd press the reset button on the router first and i think the default password then is 1234, oh, and have you checked if you're running the latest firmware on the router?

Advertisement