Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banding in the sky

Options
  • 11-02-2012 3:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

havent posted in here in ages, had a quick look online but nothing worked, so was wondering if its possible to get rid of the banding in the sky in this photo...

A58A7FEC43E64FA4A0E124196A5DCEFD-0000326458-0002734571-00640L-4F73F5B5C3904E1EB00199CD1AFDCD6A.jpg

i didnt notice until i printed it . :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

How much did you sharpen this pic ? May be the cause of the banding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I can only see it on the area around the sun in the image

why not blur the appropriate areas? or is it worse when printed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    How much did you sharpen this pic ? May be the cause of the banding.

i definitely sharpened it, didnt think i did alot though.
    i had a look at the original and its there but not as bad so ill have another go at it tonight.

i did try a gaussian blur on the area but made it worse! tried clone stamp too but no luck, its annoying because i only printed a small size and noticed it straight away so if i do a big one im sure it will be even more noticeable. grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Do you shoot RAW?
    Do you process 16 bit?
    That's for starters. But what can I say is only to check you JPG export settings, I think you are degrading the quality a bit too much. Rather export smaller size of the picture, but with the smallest compression (the best quality).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

ThOnda wrote: »
    Rather export smaller size of the picture, but with the smallest compression (the best quality).

hmmm thanks, i really need to double check what i did...that one wasnt raw, it was only a snap from new years day, i was going to delete it but i really liked the light in it even though it was blown out .lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Did you possibly post process vignette as the banding is coming from the centre of the image and the sun should be blown out completely white meaning it's probably coming from PP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Adding noise to the image will help to reduce the banding...

Advertisement