Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Powerline adapters & 2 routers streaming video help

Options
  • 11-02-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Small overview of the situation:

I have a PC and ADSL wireless router at one end of the house connected to a powerline adapter. At the other end of the house I have a Wireless router and a PS3 connected to the 2nd powerline adapter. The primary goal was to have internet access in both rooms and this is working very well. However I would also like to stream videos from the PC to the PS3. DHCP is enabled on the 1st router but I can't seem to connect the PS3 to the PC. Both routers are netgear wireless n if that is relevant. Any advice would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What port on the second router is connected to the powerline adaptor, it needs to be one of the lan ports And you alsoneed to disable DHCP on the second router

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

What port on the second router is connected to the powerline adaptor, it needs to be one of the lan ports And you alsoneed to disable DHCP on the second router

Thanks for your reply, sorry i did not get back to you sooner, it is connected to the the first lan port, i will try disabling the dhcp on the second router this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Advertisement