Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The latest edition...

Options
  • 11-02-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

I've tried my best not to comment on some of the odder journo articles of late, but the latest one has me baffled...

The history of Galway French. I started reading cause I was thinking of Galway Chiefs, but, the article is just Wonderfulworld talking about his own team... whut?!

A team history is a good idea, for the likes of V.D. Ruffians and those that have a long and interesting past, but I'm going to have to call shenanigans on writing about your own team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Meh...its not the most rivetting piece alright, seems to be a lot of self depricating waffle.

The journos work hard and do a lot of good work so if there is the odd bumb piece, im not that pushed. Also if its an ongoing thing, where better to start than your own club....?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i liked it, it could be a nice feature in the future and why not start with your own club? hopefully next hell do an old club. if i remember enough of my history id send it in and im pretty new :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Would have been better off if irishdave resigned after a week as is the tradition and let mouse or wonderful world be head journalist instead. At least they occasionally write articles. Why put yourself forward for the job if you dont have the time to do it.

Would have been better off if irishdave resigned after a week as is the tradition and let mouse or wonderful world be head journalist instead. At least they occasionally write articles. Why put yourself forward for the job if you dont have the time to do it.
    ya i would complain about it but at least were still getting articles tho. but id hate to say i told ye so i did bring it up with irishdave in the election thread

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I cant really comment on the whole situation, but I know myself, that when I went for the job, I seemed to have plenty of time on my hands... Then work hit, and I went through some tough few weeks(professionally and personally) that I haven't concentrated as much as I would like on this game.

I am glad to see that there have been articles being wrote though...

• Advertisement

If real life catches up with someone who has been elected then just resign and let someone else take over. Theres no shame in it. Come back and run again when they have more time. No one will think of them any worse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

seanand wrote: »
    i liked it, it could be a nice feature in the future and why not start with your own club? hopefully next hell do an old club. if i remember enough of my history id send it in and im pretty new :p

Ah it's a good feature alright, as are interviews and all that, but I would have thought it was obvious not to start with your own club. Kinda like you don't play your own songs when you're DJing, or you don't talk about yourself constantly on the first date :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ah it's a good feature alright, as are interviews and all that, but I would have thought it was obvious not to start with your own club. Kinda like you don't play your own songs when you're DJing, or you don't talk about yourself constantly on the first date :D

wouldnt know never really had a first date :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

been waiting months for this...

ehem <Mod hat> this is not PI - we don't want to know about your private life dilemas, thanks. <removes mod hat>

:D:cool: i'm only joking, if you need an arm around the should fewi will be more than willing, this is the loving community we are.
    but yeah all first dates, go to love them....:rolleyes:

eoferrall wrote: »

ehem <Mod hat> this is not PI - we don't want to know about your private life dilemas, thanks. <removes mod hat>

:D:cool: i'm only joking, if you need an arm around the should fewi will be more than willing, this is the loving community we are.

Classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

good ole arranged marriages! back when a herd of cows was a decent dowry!

sorry eof taught this was the psychiatric thread my bad :pac:

iv been going out with same girl for nearly four years and before that i never really talked to a girl it was just shift and move on.

lol thejims she nice but does she have road frontage?

sorry eof taught this was the psychiatric thread my bad :pac:

iv been going out with same girl for nearly four years and before that i never really talked to a girl it was just shift and move on.

lol thejims she nice but does she have road frontage?

the classic shift and drift, smooth mover!:cool:

and yeah I knew about the GF from the offsite - hence I knew you wouldn't get upset!:p

the classic shift and drift, smooth mover!:cool:

and yeah I knew about the GF from the offsite - hence I knew you wouldn't get upset!:p

ya i was thinking you remembered that, would of been funny if i siad :(:( i have to start again now f first dates :(

ya i was thinking you remembered that, would of been funny if i siad :(:( i have to start again now f first dates :(

Funny/awkward if you had!:o

Funny/awkward if you had!:o

funny for me, awkward for you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Victory for everyone else :D

Advertisement