Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheating

• 11-02-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

At a party last night, and my 2 two friends cheated on their girlfriends of 7 months. I know these 2 guys all my life and are probabley are my best friends. I know the girls since i started secondary school and im good friends with them also. Im torn over whether i should say something to the girls or keep my mouth shut?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Best friends vs good friends.

There's your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Blackmail can work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Say nothing you bloody gender traitor.

tell the lads to tell the gfs or you will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Sure y would ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

At a party last night, and my 2 two friends cheated on their girlfriends of 7 months. I know these 2 guys all my life and are probabley are my best friends. I know the girls since i started secondary school and im good friends with them also. Im torn over whether i should say something to the girls or keep my mouth shut?

Did that once when I was a lad. Both turned on me. I'd suggest following the example of the three monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Best not getting involved. You won't come out well in it. If you want the girls to know and remain anonymous send them a letter or something. Most of my mates that are in long term relationships have all cheated. Disgust me as 2 are married. I've thought about telling the girls that I know years but decided against. It's not my place and I know someone that ended up losing both sets of friends after putting himself in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

"Bros before hos man, bros before hos." - Martin Luther King Jr.

You're not going to argue with Mr King are you, you filthy racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

strobe wrote: »

Word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

sounds like you're jealous..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Simply Mind your own business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

bluewolf wrote: »
    tell the lads to tell the gfs or you will

That probably wouldn't go down well in most cases! Best case scenario is you lose two friends.

Personally, I'd keep my mouth shut as it has nothing whatsoever to do with me. Let others make their own beds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Sounds like you have a loose connection OP. Have you tried slapping yourself really, really hard in the face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

Suggest a 5some or you'll tell. If you tell, help the two girlfriends get revenge with a 3some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

At a party last night, and my 2 two friends cheated on their girlfriends of 7 months.

Do you usually write in this way? :rolleyes:
    PK2008 wrote: »
    Sure y would ya

I think the OP username would tell ya why

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

ffs, man.

don't tell on your best mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Best friends vs good friends.

There's your answer.

Except that the good friends have done nothing wrong, that we know he knows of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Cheat on both of your best friends with their girlfriends. They can't complain, and they'll get a taste of their own medicine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

Cheat on both of your best friends with their girlfriends. They can't complain, and they'll get a taste of their own medicine.

By definition, sex advice from a Crazy Rabbit cannot be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's none of your business OP, do not go there. It's the dumbest thing you could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Best adopt the Italian way of ' I know nothing ' ...capice ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Tell the girls.

They'll be so grateful they'll offer you a threesome as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

why don't you just mind your own business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Do you usually write in this way? :rolleyes:

I think the OP username would tell ya why

I think you should take your 'grammar nazism' and f*ck off.

OP, say nothing, but talk to the lads and tell them to cop on and if it happens again you might feel you have to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

This reminds me of why men are better friends than women.

If a wife stays out all night, and comes home and tells her husband she stayed with a friend, and he calls 10 of her friends to see if she had infact stayed over, 10 of her friends will tell the husband they haven't seen her.

If a husband stays out all night, comes home and tells his wife he was at a buddys house, and she calls 10 of his friends, chances are 8 of his friends will say he was there the night before and 2 will claim he's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

If either of the girls are planning long lives with their boyfriend then tell them before they get to committed, plan on loosing your friends if you do tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

strobe wrote: »

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

pics or GTFO

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Stay out of it, none of them will thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

If you fancy any of your bestmates"maiths" squeal like a pig, all is fair in love and war, your bestmate will understand.

If you don't fancy them keep your mouth shut, you are not their keepers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Words of wisdom from Eddie Murphy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3psB9nG75sM&sns=em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I feel sorry for the OP, he seems like a good guy and obviously knows that his two friends are in fact pr**ks. Its a tough situation. He will probably feel guilty for something he didn't even do.

I really, really hate cheaters, so I say f**k the two of them and drop the gf's an anonymous email. No one will know its you, you will have done the right thing, and all involved will know the score.

Bros before hos is fair enough, but I dont think it covers cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

People love to hold the concept of friendship over you to try and get away with doing stuff. It happens all the time. If you have a moral objection to these lads behaviour then you need to think about if you actually want to be friends with them.

Most people are pussies and don't want to rock the boat, are afraid of losing the geebags they call their friends and will even allow their friends to mistreat other friends rather than put the foot down.

That's really what the whole "don't tell on your mates" thing is stemming from in this thread.

Personally, your mates sound like tools...I say **** em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I really don't know what I'd do in this situation. I'd generally do the right thing, but you definitely don't want to be blamed for stirring ****. misplaced anger is what it is though, and if that's what happens, well you can at least tell yourself you did the right thing. I suppose maybe it comes down to how empathetic you are, and how much you're ok with standing up to your friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

If I was friends with the cheatees, I'd make sure they found out some way. What are these lads playing at? 7 months?? Jesus. Are they that scared of being alone that they'd rather stay with women they clearly don't have any respect for? How pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I wouldn't tell as it would be none of my business. Surely you have better things to worry about?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Are you gay op? I would dream of ever telling on my mates or and they are the same.It's got nothing to do with you so mind your own fcuking business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

mixed up wrote: »
    Are you gay op? I would dream of ever telling on my mates or and they are the same.It's got nothing to do with you so mind your own fcuking business.

The girls are his mates too.

The girls are his friends as well, so it has plenty to do with him in fairness. His male friends have put him in an awkward position and expect him to blindly accept the disrespect of his other friends.

The fact that you think inferring someone is gay is actually an insult tells me you and your mates are young enough that the last experience of a vagina you actually had was your mothers...so i don't think you guys need to be worrying about this kind of complex social issue.

Back to your Lego there junior.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Tell the girl. Then console her ... and bone her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

Relax there pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

The girls are his friends as well, so it has plenty to do with him in fairness. His male friends have put him in an awkward position and expect him to blindly accept the disrespect of his other friends

The OP mentioned that the 2 guys are closer friends to him than the 2 girls. I disagree that the 2 guys have put him in an awkward position, all he has to do is simply say nothing and let the chips fall where they may. He will not come out of this well if he says something about it to the girls. He is under no moral obligation to say anything to the girls so he should just leave it, it's not worth the hassle it will cause for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I just think it's pathetic that you go out with your mates and then tell their girlfriends what they done.I'd hate to friends with you that you would be so two faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

keep your funkin mouth shut and stay out of it. none of your business where they put their meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Eatin ain't cheatin.

The OP mentioned that the 2 guys are closer friends to him than the 2 girls. I disagree that the 2 guys have put him in an awkward position, all he has to do is simply say nothing and let the chips fall where they may. He will not come out of this well if he says something about it to the girls. He is under no moral obligation to say anything to the girls so he should just leave it, it's not worth the hassle it will cause for him.

Like i said earlier, people are just afraid to rock the boat.

If the OP has no problem with what they are doing cool, he shouldn't say ****...if he does then he should.
    I just think it's pathetic that you go out with your mates and then tell their girlfriends what they done.I'd hate to friends with you that you would be so two faced.

But you wouldn't mind it as long as he wasn't two-faced to you, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Nah your the one thats going to lose out here. Keep quite but tell the lads you dont think its right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

He hasn't said anything to any of them... :confused:

What's with all the hostility towards him and even an accusation of jealousy?

I think he'd be better off not getting involved but all he's done is ask for advice. And seeing as he's friends with all of them, it's bollocks to say it has nothing to do with him. It may not have a lot to do with him, but it doesn't have zero to do with him. He is connected to all of them so it's understandable he'd view it as a dilemma.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I wouldn't and I have friends who have cheated. Everyone involved is happy so why would I make them unhappy. Chances are the next boyfriend would cheat on her too so you aren't really doing her any favours. Nothing more important than happiness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement