Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip off Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭irelandrover

gbee wrote: »
    Motor Tax €350
    Bin Charge €280
    Health €800 * not mandatory, but it should be
    Council -
    City Tax -
    Water Tax -

You have not included my motor tax in your costs which is about 1400 a year. so my total costs are about 3200 compared to your 1400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

You have not included my motor tax in your costs which is about 1400 a year. so my total costs are about 3200 compared to your 1400

Per quarter, missed that nugget ~ man that's expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Health insurance is 93 euro per month for single male.
    Thats in holland.
    I should also point out that my geman medical insurance is about 350 a month with the employer paying that again making 700 a month.
    And that doesnt cover the wife who pays similar.
    So we contribute around 1400 a MONTH for our medical cover. EDIT. Thats 16,800 a feckin year!
    (makes VHI seem cheap doesnt it!! )

so as we are saying, Ireland is NOT A RIP OFF land and you pay shag all in taxes + charges + medical contributions compared to other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I have no problem with the household charge nor the septic tank reg fee (the fee is a one off and will be a fiver if your register in 1st 3 months)

I have retail outlets and currently for a relatively small outlet in Dublin city, the rates are just over €30,000. This includes absolutley NOTHING - no water (paid seperately) no bins.

What it does pay is rent supplement to those without jobs, public lighting, fresh water to the homes of citizens, street cleaning after messy people, upkeep of housing estates, upkeep of roads, etc etc.

And whilst the looney left will harp on about paying this, I ask one question - why on earth are the same poeple who rarely contribute and always take take take, the ones that shout the loudest - is it because they are like uneducated sheep and will do what SF and the othe rlooney lefts tell them to do?

These same people are the ones with rent allowance, with socila welfare payments, with child benefit payments, with medical cards. They don't want to contribute to anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

sandin wrote: »
    These same people are the ones with rent allowance, with socila welfare payments, with child benefit payments, with medical cards. They don't want to contribute to anything.

You're lucky then. The policies being followed by the Government are largely responsible for me going on the social welfare. I used to travel a lot, travel expenses was worth more than the fees for the work.

High fuel prices has just shut it down, it has to be very, very important now for anyone to travel for the company I service. We're all city bound and the competition is fierce and my USP is gone.

The general depression meant that I got no Christmas work at all, I serviced five Santa related venture last year ~ gladly so as my regular business was already going seasonal, this year, nothing and no regular work at all.

In hindsight my worst move 15 years ago was leaving the SW, and that's a TBH.

• Advertisement
Advertisement