Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

defending against 'skilled MMA assailants'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Crazy Monkey Defence , (I pioneered this in KM training over 8 years and and was abused for it, now it is
    used all over the world, and showing up in professional MMA matches )

I'd nearly pay the money to find out what this is. I'm assuming poo flinging Kata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Crazy Monkey is fairly famous. It's basically boxing with take-down defence and a high guard. It used to be considered fairly legitimate, though the guy who founded it seems to have gone down the DVDs and on-line certification route, so I don't know what state it is in now.

http://www.crazymonkeyuniverse.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

As Doug said it's well known but it's rarely used in MMA and if it was so good at defending against MMA then it would be used.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Wow, where to start? Two thugs attack 2 people they believe to be women but turn out to be cross-dressing cage fighters? And both thugs got charged over this and you want to give them training?

It was a joke. I'll add 'LOL' or a smilie face next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

I also seriously doubt they belived those two large muscular men in dresses were women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Ger Healy

Key Tools we you will develop on this course include

- Strong core 'street' boxing skills - how to use Jabs, cross, uppercuts and hooks on the street
    - Crazy Monkey Defence , (I pioneered this in KM training over 8 years and and was abused for it, now it is
    used all over the world, and showing up in professional MMA matches )

Crazy Monkey Defence was promoted by Rodney King (not that one) a lot longer than eight years ago. It was used by people would didn't know how to box to get into clinch range with a boxer. In modern MMA it has more or less been replaced by, you know, knowing how to box.

No sure of the KM coaches direct connection with the Crazy Monkey Defence system as the only connection I’m aware of is a workshop I and one of the UK coaches did about 5 years ago which was never folowed up on.

As for your amended quote
    It was used by people would didn't know how to box to get into clinch range with a boxer.

Don’t know if it a typo by you, but it was developed for use in mma not boxing and one aspect of the system is to close the range from striking to clinch and striking inside the clinch.
    In modern MMA it has more or less been replaced by, you know, knowing how to box.

Crazy Monkey has not been replaced by boxing. As predominantly the art of striking "which most people place under the banner of boxing" has been in existence since humans have existed.

Crazy Monkey in is simplest form is striking with an emphasis on the defensive side of striking, then using this as a launching pad to developing your offensive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

What is the best martial art to learn? I always thought it was Krav Maga, why are people on here slating it so much?

I need to learn some form of self defence. A "mate" of mine, who is an Irish Army officer, started on me the other night cos I deflated his ego. I know he knows unarmed combat and probably would have kicked the sh1t out of me. I need to be able to defend against crap like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

newmug wrote: »
    What is the best martial art to learn? I always thought it was Krav Maga, why are people on here slating it so much?

I need to learn some form of self defence. A "mate" of mine, who is an Irish Army officer, started on me the other night cos I deflated his ego. I know he knows unarmed combat and probably would have kicked the sh1t out of me. I need to be able to defend against crap like that.

1) GFTO

2) Don't start fights you can't finish

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    1) GFTO

I talked my way out of it, and I didnt start anything. But, if things did escalate to physical violence, whats the best all-round self defence art?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I talked my way out of it, and I didnt start anything. But, if things did escalate to physical violence, whats the best all-round self defence art?

Thats a can of worms. Everyone will have a different answer for you.

Something full contact that you enjoy enough to actually train regularly in and ideally is close to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

There's a two day course that is being taught somewhere that will have you beating the likes of these guys within a matter of hours.

Well without making too much comment on the training itself, I think it's the way Krav is marketed that gets peoples goats. Plenty of slick websites with big claims that aren't very well substantiated. There's also the problem of a local guy who'll sell you an expensive two day course that is supposed to teach you to defend yourself - you're not going to learn anything in two days.
    People in the military usually use rifles and such to win their fights, their unarmed fighting skills aren't usually that good. Still though, you're better off not getting into fights over ego based stuff regardless if you think you're going to win or not.

People in the military usually use rifles and such to win their fights, their unarmed fighting skills aren't usually that good.

I wouldnt say that, I spent 10 years in the defence forces and I know the unarmed combat training is very effective. This guy is an officer though, they get extra training in everything, so whatever skills I have, he would have had twice as much. They teach certain things to officers that they dont teach to privates, the logic being that officers are supposed to be more responsible and NOT use their training in pub brawls over silly stuff.
    Still though, you're better off not getting into fights over ego based stuff regardless if you think you're going to win or not.

You know the way mates rip the p1ss out of each other, well some people can take it and some cant. This dude was ripping into me, I slagged him back, and when he couldnt deal with it he threatened to use violence. You'd have to know this fella, total knob.

This dude was ripping into me, I slagged him back, and when he couldnt deal with it he threatened to use violence. You'd have to know this fella, total knob.

Don't go drinking with him in that case...

... or call around to his house, ask to use the jacks and leave a top deck, that'll end a friendship in no uncertain terms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

People in the military usually use rifles and such to win their fights, their unarmed fighting skills aren't usually that good. Still though, you're better off not getting into fights over ego based stuff regardless if you think you're going to win or not.

This above ^^ is on the money, whilst the following is bullsh*t posting.

I wouldnt say that, I spent 10 years in the defence forces and I know the unarmed combat training is very effective. This guy is an officer though, they get extra training in everything, so whatever skills I have, he would have had twice as much. They teach certain things to officers that they dont teach to privates, the logic being that officers are supposed to be more responsible and NOT use their training in pub brawls over silly stuff.

newmug if you embarrass yourself further, and I dare you to - debate this point with me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

newmug if you embarrass yourself further, and I dare you to - debate this point with me ;)
    I normally only lurk here, but i have to agree with mak on this. Severe smell of bull off that statement.

They teach certain things to officers that they dont teach to privates, the logic being that officers are supposed to be more responsible and NOT use their training in pub brawls over silly stuff.

I heard before they teach dim mak and the like to the officers, fek Krav maga their should be Irish army martial arts classes, show them Israelis how it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

I spent 10 years in the defence forces and I know the unarmed combat training is very effective.
    Very effective but not against officers with all their sneaky extra training? Let's hope other militarys aren't teaching their troopers those sneaky officer moves or we're doomed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

• Advertisement

dahamster wrote: »
    I normally only lurk here, but i have to agree with mak on this. Severe smell of bull off that statement.
    cowzerp wrote: »
    I heard before they teach dim mak and the like to the officers, fek Krav maga their should be Irish army martial arts classes, show them Israelis how it's done.
    Very effective but not against officers with all their sneaky extra training? Let's hope other militarys aren't teaching their troopers those sneaky officer moves or we're doomed!

Right! Whats with all the snarkiness? Can a fella not ask a question without being sneered at? With respect, its exactly that attitude that lets martial arts down. Has anybody here got the spine to use a bit of respect and dignity to explain what exactly the problem is?

Right! Whats with all the snarkiness? Can a fella not ask a question without being sneered at? With respect, its exactly that attitude that lets martial arts down. Has anybody here got the spine to use a bit of respect and dignity to explain what exactly the problem is?

Talk of secret moves etc is exactly whats wrong with martial arts, the best stuff is the simple stuff that is well known and not stuff that nobody knows!

You made out the army don't trust their soldiers to teach them moves etc, bull is what that is.

So if you got sarky responses then now you know why.

Talk of secret moves etc is exactly whats wrong with martial arts, the best stuff is the simple stuff that is well known and not stuff that nobody knows!

You made out the army don't trust their soldiers to teach them moves etc, bull is what that is.

So if you got sarky responses then now you know why.

Well it was the army leftenant who started on me that was actually going around saying that. As a private who knows absolutely nothing about how officers are trained, and who trusts what people of higher rank tell me, I wholeheartedly believed him. Anyway, he's recently done an instructors course (or so he said), so surely he would be miles ahead in terms of practice and skill.

Either way, no need for snarkiness. Whats the point in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭johnryano

you made a bold unsubstantiated claim and were called up on it. now you are back tracking and admitting what the officer said was probably lies. no biggie, that's just how they roll around here. every other martial arts board on the internet you get people talking lies and bull****.

to the best of my knowledge nobody has actually developed an adequate martial arts /self defence hand to hand program for the army/police/spacemen that didn't involve lots of boxing and wrestling.

johnryano wrote: »
    you made a bold unsubstantiated claim and were called up on it. now you are back tracking and admitting what the officer said was probably lies. no biggie, that's just how they roll around here.

Fair enough. But bold and unsubstantiated? Well you bloodywell take as gospel what your NCO's and officers tell you in the army. Anyone in the Defence Forces will tell you that. I'm not backtracking, I have since been informed by another Defence Force member here on boards (who would know in fairness) that this fella was bullsh*tting. Makes sense. I dont know how this fella ever got to be an officer.

Fair enough. But bold and unsubstantiated? Well you bloodywell take as gospel what your NCO's and officers tell you in the army. Anyone in the Defence Forces will tell you that. I'm not backtracking, I have since been informed by another Defence Force member here on boards (who would know in fairness) that this fella was bullsh*tting. Makes sense. I dont know how this fella ever got to be an officer.

Some people are Bullshiitters and rank does not change that, any art organisation etc that would hide moves from their students are bullshiiters too in fairness.

Point been Martial arts should not be mystical etc, just simple and you can see by sparring if it works or not, Arts that don't spar is usually because in truth the techniques wont work/are too deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Peetrik wrote: »
    ... or call around to his house, ask to use the jacks and leave a top deck, that'll end a friendship in no uncertain terms

You're just dying to do one of those!

Khannie wrote: »
    You're just dying to do one of those!

Haha I know, location location location, I haven't been to... the place I'd planned my revenge since. Soon tho lol

Fair enough. But bold and unsubstantiated? Well you bloodywell take as gospel what your NCO's and officers tell you in the army. Anyone in the Defence Forces will tell you that.

You said you were ten years in the defence forces, well even a private with ten years service would be considered an 'old sweat' and wouldn't be gullible enough to accept anyone's word on anything.

But lets not stress about it either way as I think you're getting the point people are getting at.

In fact the whole thread is unsubstantiated, anyone know who the OP is talking about before we bring this to a close?.

... unless I'm misreading the above.

• Advertisement

... unless I'm misreading the above.

Cheers, and apologises to JK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hanley wrote: »
    1) GFTO

That's too bland. And general. GTFO is fine. But don't start fights you can't finish? I'm not a school fighter. I just have mentality. I have on numerous occasions forewarned someone who I believe can take me in a fight that the consequences of doing so will mean that unless they kill me, I will return and punish them in ways not printable here, or I would be advocating violence (which seems proper in a MA forum). To issue that calm command / statement / prediction to a lunatic is to play with fire (crazy or couldn't give a f*ck trumps a fundamentalist anyday). To issue it to a loudmouth on the street, 50/50. I've done it successfully. To issue it to a superior or someone who has a stake in society and a LOT to lose, like an officer, its a WALK IN THE PARK. If you spit fire & brimstone, like a bitch, you will come off as a small barking dog; frightened. If you genuinely intend serious harm to the person and let them know how things will progress and spell out further stages in calm tones, many will cease. (Although where allowing them to save face, that's complicated). If they don't, you can test their so-called superiority. The ONLY weapon in H2H fighting is attitude. If you are bigger than me or stacked, I will use a chair, a knife (to slash or frighten, never to stab(it s a psychological barrier for most people) ). The MOST important weapon is your mind, adrenaline control and self-awareness. GTFO is one of those avenues. So is adequate forewarning of your will to power. I have never lost confrontation in my life. All of this talk of MMA vs Krav Maga is nonsense, its self-contained what-iffery. If you piss certain people off, in fights, in business, in life generally, they will hound you for life. Some are smart enough to understand a warning from a fundamentalist. I am a committed vegan warrior. I can and will go the distance when cornered. I have also had the ****s when caught off guard by 5 skanger teens. I am human. But temper and will to power are the most awesome weapons, short and long range respectively. If I promise someone follow-up and they persist, then I am duty-bound to fulfill the contract. I would do and have done. No training is required without the 'floor' of steely hard mental attitude.

Wow, where to start? Two thugs attack 2 people they believe to be women but turn out to be cross-dressing cage fighters? And both thugs got charged over this and you want to give them training?

All the training in the world is useless unless you obey the command 'obre les ojos'. One must be able to read their environment in order to avoid, control or finish a fight. Some people cannot even read an article correctly! More have assumed also, without self-experiencing!

"Two thugs who attacked what they thought were a pair of transvestites "

As Terence McKenna says, you need to develop artists' eyes.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    That's too bland. And general. GTFO is fine. But don't start fights you can't finish? I'm not a school fighter. I just have mentality. I have on numerous occasions forewarned someone who I believe can take me in a fight that the consequences of doing so will mean that unless they kill me, I will return and punish them in ways not printable here, or I would be advocating violence (which seems proper in a MA forum). To issue that calm command / statement / prediction to a lunatic is to play with fire. To issue it to a loudmouth on the street, 50/50. I've done it successfully. To issue it to a superior or someone who has a stake in society and a LOT to lose, like an officer, its a WALK IN THE PARK. If you genuinely intend serious harm to the person and let them know how things will progress and spell out further stages in calm tones, many will cease. If they don't, you can test their so-called superiority. The ONLY weapon in H2H fighting is attitude. If you are bigger than me or stacked, I will use a chair, a knife (to slash or frighten, never to stab(it s a psychological barrier for most people) ). The MOST important weapon is your mind, adrenaline control and self-awareness. GTFO is one of those avenues. So is adequate forewarning of your will to power. I have never lost confrontation in my life. All of this talk of MMA vs Krav Maga is nonsense, its self-contained what-iffery. If you piss certain people off, in fights, in business, in life generally, they will hound you for life. Some are smart enough to understand a warning from a fundamentalist. I am a committed vegan warrior. I can and will go the distance when cornered. I have also had the ****s when caught off guard by 5 skanger teens. I am human. But temper and will to power are the most awesome weapons, short and long range respectively. If I promise someone follow-up and they persist, then I am duty-bound to fulfill the contract. I would do and have done. No training is required without the 'floor' of steely hard mental attitude.

My eye's :(

I just have mentality

That you do

That you do

;)

Well observed, whatever your intent. Mental/ity is the decider.

What if your yapping makes them decide to put you down so hard you never get up again?

What if your yapping makes them decide to put you down so hard you never get up again?

Doug, if YOU'RE yapping, or if one's yapping, then you get called out like a frightened dog. IF you get put down SO hard that you never get up again (too much fantasy video games I think, unless you advocate a Batman or Bin Laden existence), whether by a lunatic or by someone with a stake in society, they're f*cked too. Consequences. Over-reliance on techniques IS yapping. Will is everything. Or do you think the credits roll and the MMA artist wins? Life is about consequences. Indicate them and see what happens. You are presuming, like many MAs, that not only does an assailant approach you in sports-fighting stances, but now also that they approach with your mindset and your values? Not so. Poor analysis.

Are you implying that an MMA practitioner should put someone down so hard that they never get up again? Seems foolhardy for a sport ideology. What I rely on is not a sport.

ps Your rhetorical question sounds quite like yapping; to the trained ear.

Doug, if YOU'RE yapping, or if one's yapping, then you get called out like a frightened dog. IF you get put down hard by a lunatic or by someone with a stake in society, they're f*cked too. Consequences. Over-reliance on techniques IS yapping. Will is everything.

Are you implying that an MMA practitioner should put someone down so hard that they never get up again? Seems foolhardy for a sport ideology. What I rely on is not a sport.

ps Your rhetorical question sounds quite like yapping; to the trained ear.
    Sorry, that doesn't really answer my question.

• Advertisement

Sorry, that doesn't really answer my question.

I would have thought it was CLEARLY answered Doug. Again, you presume that all opponents have the same life values as you. That is the same mistake that was made regarding suicide bombers. A complete disdain for their 'operating system'. I suggest reading the 48 Laws of Power. A sublime study in human psychology. And then, having internalised your fellow man's varying 'operating systems', you may win by not fighting. To understand that, internalise Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War'. Follow that on with NLP persuasion tools, and you may find that the need to fight decreases further again. If it actualises, then blitzkrieg/retzev with all available tools driven by a steeled mind will defeat most 'practitioners' or have them self-destruct. Few rational people wish to self-destruct. Martial Arts are mental; end of.

I am quite sure that I have already fleshed out the consequences of outlining potential consequences to A) a lunatic, B) a street chancer / opportunist and C) someone with a clear stake in society. Threatening anyone will get a response. Unless you want to fight, then that's a stupid thing to do. Calmly spelling out what will progress can work wonders if done with authority. If you don't understand that, and have never met a demon mentality, then continue believing that you can f*ck someone up so that they never stand up again and live your normal life afterwards. If that generates even the slightest mental pictures for you, then you will understand that you have a 'stake' in society and you can lose. Very few are nihilistic. You will know when you do meet one. Ask any Garda, there's one in every generation in every town. Self-destruct lunatic nightmares. I am not one. But I do understand people quite well and most have something to lose.

MA is just a tool-kit. Don't presume, even in H2H, that means you will beat an inferior opponent. That would be very foolhardy.

To assume anything about your opponent is to not see reality correctly. Obre les ojos.

Without trying to put words in your mouth Ri Rua, your theory seems to be summed up pretty much as 'don't bother learning martial arts, being a psycho is much more intimidating'.

Its a fairly sharp right turn off thread, some folks might be interested in discussing the merits of 'talking your way out of it' from a self defence perspective, however I doubt you'll get much support for it on its own as most of the people here would have considered this as a tactic before devoting large chunks of their lives to studying martial arts.

Folks get defensive enough at the suggestion that perhaps different styles might be more effective than the one they practise, suggesting they needn't have bothered learning at all will undoubtedly not get much agreement.

Oh and just for the record, I think your wrong and probably a lunatic :)

Without trying to put words in your mouth Ri Rua, your theory seems to be summed up pretty much as 'don't bother learning martial arts, being a psycho is much more intimidating'.

Its a fairly sharp right turn off thread, some folks might be interested in discussing the merits of 'talking your way out of it' from a self defence perspective, however I doubt you'll get much support for it on its own as most of the people here would have considered this as a tactic before devoting large chunks of their lives to studying martial arts.

Folks get defensive enough at the suggestion that perhaps different styles might be more effective than the one they practise, suggesting they needn't have bothered learning at all will undoubtedly not get much agreement.

Oh and just for the record, I think your wrong and probably a lunatic :)

I agree with you completely that it could offend many here who are longterm practitioners of MAs and I apologise if I have offended any. However, presuming someone with a different mindset / life values is a psycho is wrong and a tactical error. ps just for the record...I could report you for presuming I'm a lunatic as that's out of order, smiley or not. You are wrong to presume that others play by your rules; in fights, in life, in any interaction. That's a flaky assumption. Finally, although I did briefly refer to blitzkrieg/retzev, that is NOT my initial and overarching stance. I advocated calm authority, not going psycho. You seem to need to control yourself better emotionally. THAT is the key to fighting / not fighting and winning. H2H is a subset of fighting which should be a subset of winning. THAT is my ideology and theory and THAT is what Sun Tzu is all about. Again, I apologise to all practitioners. I am OT so I will end by saying I have had numerous fights (3 in particular) where I have won by very unconventional means. I called the cops, described a guy hitting someone meeting my description, then proceeded to confront and floor the guy who was intimidating others (I only strike the neck, I rarely use fists), then ran to the Gardaí as they arrived on scene and played victim. The assailant invariably gets up and gives **** to cops, and gets taken away. Make of that what you will, but I am no lunatic. Unless you believe that taking blows and 'fighting' has some excitement and honour. I always win. And if I don't, we'll both lose. That is very simple to understand. No keyboard warrior here. I will leave it at that. In fact, feel free to feel I am a lunatic, if you must. I don't react to taunts. You possibly still do. Its worth mastering that flaw. I thoroughly recommend it.

I'm not sure telling people you're going to come back and get them could be considered "talking your way out of it".

I believe the technical term for that move is "having you mouth write a check your ass can't cash."

Haha report away.
    I believe the technical term for that move is "having you mouth write a check your ass can't cash."

I was about to say pretty much the same.

Reading a load of NLP self help books or the 'laws of power' or Sun Tzu to help yourself gain confidence is all very well but threatening someone who is bigger than you or convincing yourself that your "called the cops, neckchop security, play victim like a boss" story actually happend is going to get you hurt. Its the epitome of hubris.

Haha report away.

Reading a load of NLP self help books or the 'laws of power' or Sun Tzu to help yourself gain confidence is all very well but threatening someone who is bigger than you or convincing yourself that your "called the cops, neckchop security, play victim like a boss" story actually happend is going to get you hurt. Its the epitome of hubris.

look, we'll leave it. I'm 39, not 15. What happened happened. MA practitioners (I assume some here arewiser than these smug retorts) know that not everyone out there does what you expect. Its your consensus reality thinking that is dangerous. Judging by your pos counts on this subject, your mouths are the ones writing all the cheques. My currency is not MA but it is physical force, so my cheques are good.

You preume a lot of an unknown quantity. Best suited to the safe confines of your Tai-Bo for men classes

• Advertisement

look, we'll leave it. I'm 39, not 15. What happened happened. MA practitioners (I assume some here arewiser than these smug retorts) know that not everyone out there does what you expect. Its your consensus reality thinking that is dangerous. Judging by your pos counts on this subject, your mouths are the ones writing all the cheques. My currency is not MA but it is physical force, so my cheques are good.

You preume a lot of an unknown quantity. Best suited to the safe confines of your Tai-Bo for men classes

Fact is most people are full of it and so are their threats-making threats can get you badly beaten if you anger someone enough, and if you treathen and worry someone enough to make them fear your comeback maybe they wont give you that chance, What your saying may work with some but may get you into trouble with others.

Trained Fighters won't get intimdated too easy anyway as nerves and control of your nerve is key to combat sports etc..

Haha report away.

I have reported it. Calling someone a lunatic and saying they're a liar is surely against all Boards rules of conduct.
    Its saddening that you believe someone bigger will probably win a fight. Or someone MMA trained. Just a toolkit, no more.

Fact is most people are full of it and so are their threats-making threats can get you badly beaten if you anger someone enough, and if you treathen and worry someone enough to make them fear your comeback maybe they wont give you that chance, What your saying may work with some but may get you into trouble with others.

Trained Fighters won't get intimdated too easy anyway as nerves and control of your nerve is key to combat sports etc..

Thank you. Some wisdom. I have covered what you refer to and fully agree. No one can know or predict their opponent too smugly. You can bite off more than you can chew. We all are over-confident in our 'operating systems. Thanks for some experienced perspective.

Ri Rua, your wrong on so many points, I really couldn't be arsed pointing out each one as I don't believe you're in a place to actually take them in, you would be too busy attempting to substitute your own ideas onto reality.

I was respectful enough of your opinion until your cops/bouncer story which, let's call a spade a spade here, is bs, so if you want to make a big fuss over it then go ahead, I'd apologise for offending you only I'm fairly sure at least one of the 'laws of power' says something like "never apologise, it makes you look weak" :)

The 'smug replies', while they might sting your pride a little are at the root, genuine attempts to give you the good advice of, 'don't pick fights with people bigger than you, especially if you never trained'.

That's the last I have to say to you on the subject. Best of luck

An Rí Rua, please don't report posts without good reason.

Also, admitting to giving false evidence to the guards and then committing pre-meditated assault probably isn't the smartest thing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement