Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pop music for orchestra

Options
  • 11-02-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about this the other day. As I'm both into rock (and pop, funk, jazz etc) and classical music, I was trying to come up what I'd like to hear an orchestral version of. Lots of stuff has already been done such

Radiohead
    Metallica
    Daft punk springs to mind.

But what would you like to hear an orchestral version of that hasn't already been done?

Throw your thoughts up here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'd love to hear some classic hip hop with an orchestral backing. If you had a guy like DJ Premier involved then it could definitely work. He's a genuine genius.

This is a piece that he composed himself for a project. He learnt, from scratch, the workings of an orchestra and how to conduct and went about composing and conducting the piece. Then he brought it back and jigged it around himself.

Oh and Nas raps over it as well.

There are some songs that have real potential to be covered by an orchestra. Hopefully it happens sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Sometimes, dance really just nails that classical/pop crossover...I absolutely love this piece of music, The Phoneheads ft Cleveland Watkiss....I'd love to hear more along these lines....that kinda hip hop/strings/beat just seems to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

This is a piece that he composed himself
    Don't tell Vivaldi :P

Still, nice track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Cyprus Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭odonopenmic

I'd love to hear AIR. Maybe not that much of a leap but just thinking about hearing Playground Love with all that string depth... drooool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr_Ekan

I'd love to hear AIR. Maybe not that much of a leap but just thinking about hearing Playground Love with all that string depth... drooool

An alright version of Sexyboy, but maybe I was put off by the fact it was try to flog me Lynx

Also, love this. Not sure if it's because of the arrangement or someone decided "Hey, let's do a cover album of Aphex Twin stuff"

Advertisement