Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live and Unsigned Dublin Comes To Tralee, need more bands!!

Options
  • 11-02-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

1. Live and Unsigned Dublin is running this event

2. This is a band competition

3. This is held on Easter Saturday the 7th of April in Greyhound Bar Tralee.

4. 8 Acts will be competing on the night

5. To enter this competition you'll need to get 10 of your fans to come to the gig on the night but you don't need to sell tickets before hand, you'll just make sure they come on the night!!

6. Over 18's entrants only

7. Any type of music is allowed to be played during your 20 minute set

8. Its 5 Euros in on the night

9. As this is a competition only the winning band will receive prizes, the other competing bands wont receive any money for entering/playing in this competition!!

10. Best band on the night will win 12 hours of professional Recording time in Temple Lane Studios in Temple Bar Dublin,

A Photo-Shoot with David Dpyle Photography

An Exclusive Interview + Review in Music Review Unsigned magazine

FREE practice studio time at The Rockstore

And also we'll sort you with some gigs and contacts in Dublin

If your interested in competing email us at liveandunsigneddublin@gmail.com

and 'like' us on https://www.facebook.com/liveandunsigneddublin

cheers!!

Comments

Daycentbill, consider this your last warning before a ban ensues. I have contacted you about how you present your threads here via PM and you agreed. Next time you start a thread without using the following, you will be banned permanently.

Boards is a community, not an easy place for you to get bands. You play by our rules or find another forum.

You are to amend your original post to include the following or you will be banned.

One last time:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...53&postcount=2

charter
    The bands/musicians forum welcomes all information regarding upcoming events and slots needed. We are pleased that organisers and other musically minded members see Boards.ie as an important forum to communicate musical events.

However, Boards.ie has a responsibility to its members and cannot be seen to endorse any event that could potentially cause any issue. Therefore, the following criteria must be met* within the body of your post otherwise your thread will be closed and removed. Repeated offence will lead to a banning.

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society, band etc.)
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)
    3. Date and Location of event
    4. How many acts will be on on a night
    5. Any prerequisites (selling 30+ tickets etc.)
    6. Is it under/over 18's
    7. Type of night (Acoustic, rock etc.)
    8. Cost of admission
    9 Will a fee be paid to the bands

This list may seem long but if you haven't got the answers then there is a question mark over the professionalism of your event.

* This is NOT optional and they are to be numbered 1-9 in your post

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Daycentbill

Daycentbill, consider this your last warning before a ban ensues. I have contacted you about how you present your threads here via PM and you agreed. Next time you start a thread without using the following, you will be banned permanently.

Boards is a community, not an easy place for you to get bands. You play by our rules or find another forum.

You are to amend your original post to include the following or you will be banned.

One last time:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...53&postcount=2

charter
    The bands/musicians forum welcomes all information regarding upcoming events and slots needed. We are pleased that organisers and other musically minded members see Boards.ie as an important forum to communicate musical events.

However, Boards.ie has a responsibility to its members and cannot be seen to endorse any event that could potentially cause any issue. Therefore, the following criteria must be met* within the body of your post otherwise your thread will be closed and removed. Repeated offence will lead to a banning.

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society, band etc.)
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)
    3. Date and Location of event
    4. How many acts will be on on a night
    5. Any prerequisites (selling 30+ tickets etc.)
    6. Is it under/over 18's
    7. Type of night (Acoustic, rock etc.)
    8. Cost of admission
    9 Will a fee be paid to the bands

This list may seem long but if you haven't got the answers then there is a question mark over the professionalism of your event.

* This is NOT optional and they are to be numbered 1-9 in your post

sorry i did nt know i had to number them 1-9 and I left out that bands wont be paid for entering this competition!! Bands will only recieve prizes if they win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Magicmarty

1. Live and Unsigned Dublin is running this event

2. This is a band competition

3. This is held on Easter Saturday the 7th of April in Greyhound Bar Tralee.

4. 8 Acts will be competing on the night

5. To enter this competition you'll need to get 10 of your fans to come to the gig on the night but you don't need to sell tickets before hand, you'll just make sure they come on the night!!

6. Over 18's entrants only

7. Any type of music is allowed to be played during your 20 minute set

8. Its 5 Euros in on the night

9. As this is a competition only the winning band will receive prizes, the other competing bands wont receive any money for entering/playing in this competition!!

10. Best band on the night will win 12 hours of professional Recording time in Temple Lane Studios in Temple Bar Dublin,

A Photo-Shoot with David Dpyle Photography

An Exclusive Interview + Review in Music Review Unsigned magazine

FREE practice studio time at The Rockstore

And also we'll sort you with some gigs and contacts in Dublin

If your interested in competing email us at liveandunsigneddublin@gmail.com

and 'like' us on https://www.facebook.com/liveandunsigneddublin

cheers!!

This looks like another one of those dodgy rip off "competitions" that bands are always asked to enter.

We come along, bring all of our mates....don't get paid....and the prize on the night goes to whoever brings the biggest crowd.
    This has no reflection on talent or musical ability and it looks like being nothing short of a sham.

The organisers of this also have no website, hence the gmail account...so that means if and when the prize is not forthcoming there is nobody to go looking for. If they were legitimate there would be a website, with a proper contact name and details. There is not.
    Plus it also means that the bands have to travel up to Dublin to claim their "prize"....and what are the bets that they have to "claim" it by a certain date too? Why couldn't they get a recording studio in Kerry or Cork for the winners?

This is one of those "competitions" best avoided and anyone who enters is only going to waste their time. This is nothing but a con job.

Well done to the moderator here for spotting this and clamping down on the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Daycentbill

Magicmarty wrote: »
    This looks like another one of those dodgy rip off "competitions" that bands are always asked to enter.

We come along, bring all of our mates....don't get paid....and the prize on the night goes to whoever brings the biggest crowd.
    This has no reflection on talent or musical ability and it looks like being nothing short of a sham.

The organisers of this also have no website, hence the gmail account...so that means if and when the prize is not forthcoming there is nobody to go looking for. If they were legitimate there would be a website, with a proper contact name and details. There is not.
    Plus it also means that the bands have to travel up to Dublin to claim their "prize"....and what are the bets that they have to "claim" it by a certain date too? Why couldn't they get a recording studio in Kerry or Cork for the winners?

This is one of those "competitions" best avoided and anyone who enters is only going to waste their time. This is nothing but a con job.

Well done to the moderator here for spotting this and clamping down on the poster.

Anyone can have a website, that does nt mean their legitimate, i could make one 2moro for free would that make ok then?? we dont find the need for a having our own website, if you bothered to read our post properly it has our facebook page as we can interact much better with our 500 bands we have on our lists, and this is exactly the same as having a website anyone can set one uo easy. so I dont take your slander very well.

I have laid out all the guidelines perfectly if you dont want to play that fine, but you cant go slandering an event you ve no evidence to slander bar your own band experience somewhere else, not every band competition is run by the same people you should.

Also the reason we brought up on boards was for not numbering the guildlines (1-9) and and forgot to mention bands dont get paid to enter a competition, not exactly jail time offence but i do respect boards.ie alot and will not forget again.

Also the recording prize is in Dublin as that is where were based,and we said we would sort the winner out with gigs in Dublin so thought it may be cool for them to come to Dublin for a weekend do a few gigs and record a few songs, we can sort one in Kerry if they would prefer no probs.

And this is a competition, think of any competition you may of entered beofre, whether it the late late show, 2FM or a Lotto ticket, you pay them to enter whether its through text or your own cash and the chances of fair less than this 8 to 1 competition where only your mates pay in and not you.

Lastly heres a list of some of our previous winners, so if you think Live and Unsigned Dublin is dodgy go ask them first how did they get own with there free recording, photo shoots etc plus recently we ve added more prizes to the list now so not all bands would of got the magazine review and free practice time but all would of got the studio recording time and photos-hoot when they won

here's a few bands who won our night so go ask them how they got our enjoying our night and winning our prizes, then hopefully you take your slander back!!

Kickstart the season

the jigsaw murders

The Rambleers

Evil Vito

Explosions on Runway

Hail to Farewell

Frank

you tell me

AITR

Soundproof

500 piece Jigsaw

ship of fools

Axis

checkpoint

grandcanaldocks

sample answer

Neptune City

No I won't take anything back.....and there is no slander there either.

If a band wanted to get gigs in Dublin there are plenty of promoters they could get in touch with. I could list a dozen or so people that can organise gigs for unsigned bands, and they would be people very well known on the Dublin circuit too.
    They wouldn't be expecting them to bring a crowd with them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hey Marty. Can you get me a gig in Dublin!

I am from Cork myself....but there are a few heads in Dublin that could sort you out with a gig up there.

Good people that spring to mind are the guys running Dimestore Recordings, Keiron Black, Zodiac Sessions, Ruby Sessions, Saucy Sundays, The Pint, Phillip Ó'Baoighealláin, The King Kong Club, The Workman's Club, The Button Factory.

If you send any of those guys/venues an e-mail/facebook them they would gladly hook you up with a gig in Dublin.
    They would also know heaps of other promoters too and get you gigs around Dublin.

I am not a promoter myself. I am just a humble musician/misunderstood musical genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Magicmarty wrote: »
    I am from Cork myself....but there are a few heads in Dublin that could sort you out with a gig up there.

Good people that spring to mind are the guys running Dimestore Recordings, Keiron Black, Zodiac Sessions, Ruby Sessions, Saucy Sundays, The Pint, Phillip Ó'Baoighealláin, The King Kong Club, The Workman's Club, The Button Factory.

If you send any of those guys/venues an e-mail/facebook them they would gladly hook you up with a gig in Dublin.
    They would also know heaps of other promoters too and get you gigs around Dublin.

I am not a promoter myself. I am just a humble musician/misunderstood musical genius.

Marty. For your information, this guy has defended himself to the hilt in face of naysayers like yerself a million times on these threads.

he's also been defended many's a time by the bands who have played his nights.

he doesn't dress his nights up as anything else than what he's said above, the bands seem to enjoy it, get to play in front of a few people, and they're not out of pocket. there's half decent prizes too.

i have no affiliation to him or his night, and i'm no fan of dodgy promoters, having done a bit of the dublin scene myself.

your last post confirms you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

most of the nights you've mentioned are the reserve of the more established, higher quality bands (that's why they have a good reputation), not young starters, looking for their first foray into gigging.

then you mention The Workman's Club and The Button Factory? What are you talking about?! These are just venues! what are you suggesting the bands do? Shell out a hire charge to hire them and lose money on trying to fill it? or have a misunderstood you? there's lots of other small venues in dublin you could just throw out there while you're at it...but it would make just as little sense.

please give us more information or else you just sound like one of the many others that comes on armed with disinformation seemingly just to have a good bitch and a moan.

Advertisement