Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some advice on possible Purchase

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

aidankkk wrote: »
    Im going to the UK for Cheltenham in a few weeks, and i saw this for sale. The price looks decent to me, i know its frowned upon but id probably Mame it..

The seller has a flawless record, it seems like a half decent price for it..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAOMI-VIRTUA-TENNIS-MACHINE-WORKING-/160566675656?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item25628508c8#ht_2755wt_881&clk_rvr_id=314976661628&afsrc=1

machine in picture may not be exact machine sold as we have many machines on site that we pull of randomly

If your going to pick it up yourself make sure to get a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

By mame it I hope you mean "jamma a PC"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

aidankkk wrote: »
    Im going to the UK for Cheltenham in a few weeks, and i saw this for sale. The price looks decent to me, i know its frowned upon but id probably Mame it..

The seller has a flawless record, it seems like a half decent price for it..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAOMI-VIRTUA-TENNIS-MACHINE-WORKING-/160566675656?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item25628508c8#ht_2755wt_881&clk_rvr_id=314976661628&afsrc=1

Any advice your looking for in particular?

My general advice for a standup Naomi cab,
    - Note, these cabs are 10+ years old. Most will be in fair to bad condition
    - You should be able to get that cab that you linked to for around £100 cheaper IMO
    - biggest thing to check is the monitor, ensure the picture is crisp, sharp and has good colour definition. You can put the cab into a test mode and select CRT.
    - The more buttons per player the better. 6 button panels are rare in old/used Naomi cabs. I had to get a replacement control panel + wiring loom to enable 6 button games.
    - Google 'Naomi net dimm' if you plan to keep the Naomi system installed. You can thank me later
    - The monitor is a plug'n'play 640x480 vga monitor should you install a MAME/Emu PC
    - If you think the cab looks a little big, you can always cut it down to a sit-down cab. Very common in Japan, less so everywhere else.
    - Most cabs have lots of cig burn marks, expect to have to spray paint it. Its a PITA btw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Looks nice..good price with a bit of haggling methinks

It depends what monitor is in it..tri-synch or 31hz?
    Also is it JVS or Jamma ready
    Seems to be JVS so a few quid needed for I/O board and what not if you want Jamma and IPAC together but no major hassle I think.

I really want one of these.They look sleek.Would deffo cut legs of it to make sit down version though
    There was a mamed version for sale on adverts for a while but crazy price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Mmmmm.
    He also has Jamma cab with 29" dual monitor for £195...Interesting.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160661994691&refid=store#ht_2637wt_1185

Knock a few quid off that and its a nice little buy

• Advertisement

Looks nice..good price with a bit of haggling methinks

It depends what monitor is in it..tri-synch or 31hz?
    Also is it JVS or Jamma ready
    Seems to be JVS so a few quid needed for I/O board and what not if you want Jamma and IPAC together but no major hassle I think.

I really want one of these.They look sleek.Would deffo cut legs of it to make sit down version though
    There was a mamed version for sale on adverts for a while but crazy price.

Naomi standup cabs from what I've learned all come just JVS ready and only with a 31Hz monitor installed. There are a few different monitors they could be shipped with from Sega, one or two of them adaptable to a tri-sync with a new chassis board.

So aidankkk, did you ever end up getting a Naomi cab?

Advertisement