Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V France 6 nations match just cancelled!

• 11-02-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭

Must be because of the extreme cold theyre getting over in france right now, pitch is frozen solid.Hate to have gone to paris just for the match,imagine how disappointing that would be:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Am now, if it was American Football they'd still be playing, Rugby - hah - cissies game!

*ducks*

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Freezing frog

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Am now, if it was American Football they'd still be playing, Rugby - hah - cissies game!

*ducks*
    Of course they would still play, they were massive amounts of body armour...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

The players must have got cold feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Irish fans go to Paris and leave feeling robbed. Now why does that sound so familiar????

In other news Henry scored a last minute winner today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Les idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I blame Sarkozy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Freezing frog

No, frozen surface. Very poor of the French stadium managers, should have been on top of that long before this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm sure the cancellation notice was met with a frost reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

It has to be said that BBC coverage announced to its viewers the match was cancelled a good 5+ minutes before RTE coverage knew what was going on. They kepy saying "we dont know if the game is going to happen" ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Cold weather! Pfft!

... those cheese eating surrender monkeys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Tickets valid for next game..............................what about plane hotel tickets ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You obviously missed the superbowl thread last week!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

No, frozen surface. Very poor of the French stadium managers, should have been on top of that long before this.

I know its ridiculous, france has been enduring freezing cold weather and snow for weeks now ,would they not think to have put up heaters or something this morning or even yesterday.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I bet Thiery Henry has a hand in all of this

I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

2hr Baywatch marathon in it's place please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I just feel sorry for all the fans that travelled, the french should compensate all the Irish fans!

The good news is that Premier Soccer Saturday is on earlier, so Irish sports fans disappointed at events in Paris can watch Thierry Henry score instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

whatsamsn wrote: »
    It has to be said that BBC coverage announced to its viewers the match was cancelled a good 5+ minutes before RTE coverage knew what was going on. They kepy saying "we dont know if the game is going to happen" ... :rolleyes:

RTE were badly shown up for the amateurs that they are on this shambles.

No surprises though. What a hapless lot.

Chilly tomorrow........................all GAA games cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bit of a joke really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Game rescheduled for a Friday night. For many people, even if they did hang onto their ticket stub; they won't be able to get back over for the game. What a clusterfcuk.. France should be made to forfeit the game for leaving the announcement so late.. how inept are they? I can't believe the Stade de France doesn't have undersoil heating.

Now I have to watch kickety-fall-over-ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hard luck for those who went to Paris, but is it still going to be on the telly though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dempsey wrote: »
    I just feel sorry for all the fans that travelled, the french should compensate all the Irish fans!

lol, say that to a French person and they will tell you that we have been compensated enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the scenes from the stade are heartbreaking, so many popped collars collapsing in disappointment

Bambi wrote: »
    the scenes from the stade are heartbreaking, so many popped collars collapsing in disappointment
    Wha??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

lol, say that to a French person and they will tell you that we have been compensated enough.

They'd get a black eye for their troubles :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

And the French wondering why everyone hates them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Amorphism

Good to see the rugby is returning to its amateur tradition (at least at an organisational level).

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Kidney saved by the thermometer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Were they? :confused:

Cianos wrote: »
    Hard luck for those who went to Paris, but is it still going to be on the telly though?

Yeh, I'm watching it now. Dunno what the crowd are all leaving for, their loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Daith

Over in Chicago. Showed the bar guy the BBC report to say it was cancelled. He said "1953?, I'm not going to fall for that!". Told him it was the time 19:53 in the UK. Not the year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Amorphism

I don't get why it was cancelled tho? Can they not handle a bit of bad weather? American football and rest-of-the-world football will often play in snow and ice.

Mod Note: Re-reg banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement