Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Medicine Graduate Entry

Options
  • 11-02-2012 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Was just wondering has anyone gained entry to a Veterinary medicine through graduate entry - The five year course?
    Im just looking for some information on this.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Hiya

I'm no vet, but if it's the five-year course, I'm assuming it's the exact same one as the folks just leaving school are doing. :)
    The four year one is for folks with a degree in biological/animal science, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suzannejenkins2

Hiya

I'm no vet, but if it's the five-year course, I'm assuming it's the exact same one as the folks just leaving school are doing. :)
    The four year one is for folks with a degree in biological/animal science, I think.

Hey thanks for that.i was just looking for advice from someone who didn't have a biology or animal science degree etc but gained entry. what else besides a high gamsat score helped them get in because competition is so high .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

There's a personal statement.

A buddy of mine is considering doing that kinda thing so I know the details
    There's more stuff here - https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=53

"Graduates of any discipline are welcome to apply for entry to the five year MVB programme. Up to five places will be made available and candidates will be assessed on a combination of GAMSAT score, educational performance and a personal statement outlining their motivation to study veterinary medicine."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suzannejenkins2

There's a personal statement.

A buddy of mine is considering doing that kinda thing so I know the details
    There's more stuff here - https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=53

"Graduates of any discipline are welcome to apply for entry to the five year MVB programme. Up to five places will be made available and candidates will be assessed on a combination of GAMSAT score, educational performance and a personal statement outlining their motivation to study veterinary medicine."

Thanks a mil that's quite helpful. I guess the more experience and education you have behind you all helps. Thanks :)

Advertisement