Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who has played a jak and daxter game?

Options
  • 11-02-2012 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

has any one played jak and daxter,jak II or jak 3
    I AM A MASSIVE FAM OF IT:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've never played them. PS2 era platformers seemed to pass me by for some reason, I've also missed Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper. I might pick up the HD remakes if I see them going cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I've never played them. PS2 era platformers seemed to pass me by for some reason, I've also missed Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper. I might pick up the HD remakes if I see them going cheap.

Same here, was too busy with rpg's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First one was an okay platformer, not sure if time will have been kind on it since it came out during the drought of decent titles during the post PS2 launch. Second game got really repetitive and is imo a load of crap. Not played the third one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

played the first and 2nd

first i remembered being very enjoyable but incredibly short and easy. A lot of its charm came from it's character and cut scenes but the story was underwhelming in the end.

2 in contrast seemed to have taken what the sonic series wanted to do with shadow the hedgehog and actually got it to work. But like Retro said it was quite repetitive and it did a huge 180 on its characterisation and tone.

I wanted to try 3 but I never had the time to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

I haven't. They somehow passed me by during the PS2 era. Being a Naughty Dog fan I'm looking forward to picking up the HD collection.

I hear the 1st is the best, and they go downhill after that. I remember reading Jak 2 was developed around the same time as GTA 3 was released and so there was a major shift in the style of games that were being made and demanded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Played one and two, I highly enjoyed both of them. In the PS2 era of platformers though, Ratchet and Clank were better in my opinion as I found them personally more amusing and entertaining. I would recommend playing J&D though, its pretty fun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i always thought the sly cooper games were the more interesting of the three sony ps2 platforming franchises.

EJ22 wrote: »
    Played one and two, I highly enjoyed both of them. In the PS2 era of platformers though, Ratchet and Clank were better in my opinion as I found them personally more amusing and entertaining. I would recommend playing J&D though, its pretty fun

Naughty Dog and Insomniac back then worked quite closely and ND actually shared Jak code with them for R&C. Quite interesting I thought ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    i always thought the sly cooper games were the more interesting of the three sony ps2 platforming franchises.

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 coreyl145

in rathet and clank 2,in the area where you get the slingshot,if you look at the tv you can jak and daxter!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I loved Jak and Daxter but only the original game, it was fun, clever, funny characters and sadly a little short, rest of the games seemed more spin offs with things taken from other platform successes so they always felt half a**ed to me. I'll be buying the HD release, I'm not a console gamer but certain games will put a SIXAXIS in my hands and the original Jak and Daxter is certainly one.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Tbh the sly cooper games were just a series i couldn't get into, i just didn't like them and to this day I don't know why. The concept was most original but i just hated it.

R&C was the best platformer of the PS2... how far crash bandicoot fell though.

love the jak series wish they make jak 4 or a new trilogy

eurogamer reported it was coming to vita then they quickly took down the artical hopefully it will come to vits if not ill grab the ps3 version

Advertisement