Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

800 euro pc

Options
  • 11-02-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-10667U CL9
    36,71 €

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version English
    86,11 €

Western Digital Caviar GreenPower 1,5TB SATA II 64MB (Western Digital15EARS)
    109,00 €

EVGA GeForce GTX 560, 1024MB, PCI-Express
    157,94 €

Intel Core i5-2300 Box, LGA1155
    157,18 €

Cooler Master GX Series PSU, 80Plus Bronze - 750 Watt
    77,47 €

NZXT Phantom 410 Midi - White , ATX, ohne Netzteil
    94,99 €

Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA
    15,41 €

ASUS P8H61 REV 3.0, Sockel 1155, ATX, DDR3
    62,35 €

hows the psu for upgrading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Hey, you probably know more about this than I do but from lurking around here for a long time I thought I would try and throw together a build for you
    so here it goes:
    Item|Price
    Total build cost: €809.83 + €30 shipping
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€33.65
    Sapphire HD6870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / DP|€143.89
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€51.04
    NZXT Phantom 410 Midi - White , ATX, ohne Netzteil|€94.99
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA|€15.41
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€189.49
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€91.85
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (SB-Version)|€80.51
    Western Digital Caviar GreenPower 1,5TB SATA II 64MB (Western Digital15EARS)|€109.00

Firstly you didnt say what this build is for or any info like that but I have made a few changes here for you. I changed GPUs but I think they are fairly similar, dont really know?? I upgraded your mobo & CPU. From what I have read, people may say that you probably wont need a 750watt psu. Also if you can get windows from software4students or somewhere like that you could save 40 quid and put it some where else. Also people seem to recomend this HDD which is only 1tb but faster spindle speed.
    Just my thoughts, Im sure someone who knows what there talking about will be along soon to sort you out. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

That's actually a much better build, MRTULES, nice job. :)

The reason the 1TB is recommended so much is that it's a big drive, but it's also one of the fastest 1TB drives out there. Generally, green drives don't make that good a boot drive, as they're quite slow.

I'd go for his build OP, subbing in the Spinpoint for the WD Green. I'd also wait a week or so, as there's a new line of GPUs on the way out, and they'll drop 6870 prices, and potentially offer a more powerful alternative for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snip123456789

Serephucus wrote: »

The reason the 1TB is recommended so much is that it's a big drive, but it's also one of the fastest 1TB drives out there. Generally, green drives don't make that good a boot drive, as they're quite slow.

I'd go for his build OP, subbing in the Spinpoint for the WD Green. I'd also wait a week or so, as there's a new line of GPUs on the way out, and they'll drop 6870 prices, and potentially offer a more powerful alternative for the same price.

look for my new build has ssds

it only works with windows vista

I've wondered if you're trolling or not, with your past few posts, and that one is especially warrant of consideration. What only work with Vista?

• Advertisement

I've wondered if you're trolling or not, with your past few posts, and that one is especially warrant of consideration. What only work with Vista?

the hdd that they recommended on the site it sais that it only works wit windows vista

That's just marketing, and also completely wrong. It'll work with absolutely any operating system.

Edit: Ah, I see. That's just some stupid certification MS gave to say it'll work with Vista; that's not to say it won't work with anything else. It's back from the days when Vista first launched with a slew of incompatibility problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

I was thinking the same. ;)

Advertisement