Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting 2012

• 11-02-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Can someone tell me when was the last time that farm accounts were asked as a 100 mark question? Because I don't think they were asked (as 100 mark questions) since before 1996 and that was when they changed the course, so maybe they don't ever come up in section 2...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

In a booklet the teachers got at the start of the course there was a farm account 100m. So it's on the course. It may never be asked. But it's better to be safe than sorry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thepikminman

Okay thanks! And yeah it is. Its not too bad though, farm accounts are similar to lots of other accounts on the course anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

If u haven't done the Pre's already?
    100m Farm Acc came up on one of the pre's this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emily van Dickinson

It may be seen as unfair to put farm accounts as a 100m or 120m marker as this would give an advantage to those from farming backgrounds(just what my accountancy teacher told me). But yeah definitely better to be safe! And on the subject of neglected questions...don't forget departmental accounts! Best of luck :)

Hoggy1000 wrote: »
    If u haven't done the Pre's already?
    100m Farm Acc came up on one of the pre's this year
    Wow, yeah i didnt see that. Unfortunately, I'm doing the other paper next week :(

• Advertisement

It may be seen as unfair to put farm accounts as a 100m or 120m marker as this would give an advantage to those from farming backgrounds(just what my accountancy teacher told me). But yeah definitely better to be safe! And on the subject of neglected questions...don't forget departmental accounts! Best of luck :)
    Ok cool and thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I don't see how it could be unfair for people who don't have a farming background, you're supposed to cover all the work in class and nothing they ask is particularly hard. It's just like saying it's unfair for those who don't have a background in chemistry to answer chemistry-like questions in physics and vice-versa. Is 100 marker Farm on the syllabus? They can't put 120 farm on? That's not one of the set questions if I'm right?

Anyway, Farm is the easiest of all the 100 markers. You don't need to do anything extra other than a balance sheet for it. Our accounting teacher told us that there was big commotion in somewhere in Dublin about it being unfair having farm accounts as a question as the class didn't know what a "Ewe" was. It's absurd I thought! But, I suppose if there is huge talk of it, they might never put it on... Bit awful though... I'm hoping it comes up this year anyway! And apparently several of those schemes, not sure which ones, possibly REPS have been discontinued so they aren't lkely to be asked in the theory! :D

Advertisement