Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

planning

• 11-02-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Had an inspection last week by the county council. they are inspecting all farms in the area re soiled water storage,run off,gutters etc. One problem he had with our spot was a concrete yard which the cattle move across on the way to the collecting yard and crush.The runoff from this section of yard goes into a soak pit:o which when we look at now is'nt really acceptable. we are going to put a bit of a slatted shed over part of this yard and divert run off of rest of yard into the tank. Question is should we get planning for this shed?we have a couple of sheds without planning and we're afraid this application could bring more hassle than anything! Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

OP thats a tough question. You could go in to the coco and have a look at their planning regulations, but you won't be any wiser.

Fact is they are already on your case, if you put it up to satisfy them you could maybe apply for retrospective pp after its up if anybody objects.

I reckon if you apply for pp it will cost you up to a grand, depends on metres squared and where you are.

Also depends on neighbours too.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Not sure if this still stands but for the last round of shed grant applications, if the shed was over 200 sq. meters and/or if the total area of cattle housing,at that location exceeded 200 sq. meters, then you had to get PP. Don't quote me on this though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

This was my understanding of it too. Had to get planning for a shed myself. It's a pain but at least u know that the council can't follow you and make you take it down.
    Milton09 wrote: »
    Not sure if this still stands but for the last round of shed grant applications, if the shed was over 200 sq. meters and/or if the total area of cattle housing,at that location exceeded 200 sq. meters, then you had to get PP. Don't quote me on this though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

assuming the council are going to come back to you to check that the remedial work has been done, maybe have a chat with your teagasc man to see where you go from here, we had an inspection a few years ago, then we got a letter from the county council.... teagasc man wrote the reply to them... I was unlucky enough to be the first farm in the county inspected by this man:( so he really laid down the law, he has been back twice since the initial visit and all is fine now, had to build a new slurry tower, put in bund walls around diesel tanks and put in barriers to stop rain water mixing with dirty water in the collecting yard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭agcons

Since you already have sheds in the yard its odds on you will need planning, best to play ball with the council anyway as they are already on your case. You will probably get a letter from the inspector outlining the problems found and recommending you to get professional assistance. These days its unlikely teagasc will be able to help you so you could try either www.aca.ie or www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/crosscompliance/farmadvisorysystem/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but do farmers in general apply for planning for all the sheds and tanks that are construted. I know that you had to to get the grant a couple of years ago.

The reason I ask is because I'm currently planning on putting up an extension to one of the sheds this summer with a slatted tank underneath and I'm wondering if I need to get planning for the work or do fellas just drive on regardless.

I'm assuming that planning is required if going officially by the letter of the law. But I'm just trying the avoid all the hassle and expense if it's something people, generally, get away without doing.

Objections from neighbours wouldn't be an issue.........famous last words!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

im sorry I looking at this from a different angle and my view is the more you entertain these people the more they will keep calling ie environmental time wasters. If you are confident that no one will object to the building get on and do it. I myself dont have such a luxury and have to apply for planning for a dog house. I presume they used bullsh*t phrase's like "potential to pollute"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

Check out Limerick Co Co planning regs:

http://www.lcc.ie/Planning/Exempted_Development_index/List_of_Possible_Exempted_Development/Agribuildings.htm

If new building is less than 200 sq m and as long as the total area of other buildings in the same yard do not exceed 300 sq m then it is planning exempt. And afasik hay barns are also exempt (or at least that what I will say if they come calling!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭tvo

Think you might be better off in the long Ru getting planning council inspectors have lots of time for inspections Not much building going on at the Moment drawings and Plans got cheap for the same reason septic tank inspections already here how long before we have slatted tank inspections along the same Lines

Advertisement